Valued Contributor

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous LIfe

I never thought for a second that she was pregnant! That was done for ratings and so people would watch. These shows have to make up drama. No one has so much drama in their lives every week.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

As I was flipping through channels I saw a little bit where the stranger says to Whitney something like it's a good thing you are on radio because you are too fat to be on TV.  Of course there was a TV camera staring him in the face filming this.  I think this show should be called My Big Fat Fake Life!

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed this show the first season it was on but it has slowly started to circle the reality show drain as they all do.

I appreciate the fact that she can be inspiring in how hard she works her body (plus I really admire her dance moves as I have none) but the personal drama hit a new low this season with the pregnancy/potential lesbian storyline.  I hope this will be the last season as I shudder to think what will come next.

Honored Contributor

I've been looking at some of these shows (in my DVR for some reason).

It was interesting because they are showing episodes from the beginning.

I was surprised to see the latest one and the way her friend Buddy looks now.  He was much thinner in the beginning (not thin, but much thinner).

I have put on weight since my back and knees are almost totally gone (move from A to B and flop my butt down).  I'm looking forward to my operation (new knees) so I can become active again).

I wonder if living with Whitney (and her food habits) have helped (helped being the key word as he puts the food in his mouth) Buddy to gain quite a bit of weight.

Maybe just being around someone who is very overweight (with their habits) causes someone to eat the wrong things and gain weight.

I don't think it's that simple.  I think there are many reasons but one is also the fact that Whitney is supposedly so happy being fat it makes it easier to accept the fat the other person has gained.

I used to tell my girls to not make friends with your fat or you'll never get the weight off.  You should always love yourself but loving yourself also means taking care of yourself.

I think about life like this:  Love today but look forward to tomorrow when it will be even better.

What are your ideas on this?  I'm curious.  I like the way on this forum there are people from so many different places with strong opinions (and different opinions).  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66As far as weight goes, dearest friend, people eat for so many reasons it's amazing.  Learned habits, developed likes and dislikes because what was put in front of that child came from a lack of knowledge or caring or both have caused people to hurt themselves becauses they wanted that food and the immediate enjoyment and the health cost wasn't at the door-yet.

I remember a conversation with a woman with whom I was trying to nutritionally coach, at her request.  She said "Last night we had beens, and 'taters", and corn"!  Mmmmmmmm.  I said "Honey, a "yellow/white" plate is straight carbs and causes a surge of insulin which isn't good.".  "You could take one of the starches, add a salad or another green vegetable, and fresh grilled chicken or fish and it would be delicious!".  Her reply was "OH!  But it's good!!!!!".  

I can't tell you how many Weight Watchers booklets I copied for her.  I put more work into her program than she did over the about four times she begged me to help her.

Unfortunately she developed diateties.

Respected Contributor

There is a school of thought asking if PCOS caused weight gain or sometimes, did weight gain cause the onset of PCOS?

You don't get to 400 lbs. just from having PCOS.  And it's a vicious cycle.  As you gain weight, the PCOS gets even worse.  Some women can normalize by losing the weight.

So, although she may indeed have PCOS, it doesn't cause you to weigh 400 pounds.  That is just not telling the truth.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919,  Next week 4/25 is the season finale.  I like the show.  I like the mother and father when they are on.  The mother has a great sense of humor. However, I do like the whole show.  It's about time to see real people Whitney is amazing the way she works out.  I like that she up beat and was given this opportunity to have her own show.  Good for her.  I really felt that her group won that dance off or whatever they called it.  The other team just did booty dips.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength