Honored Contributor

Re: My 600lb life last night...

@jpie wrote:

Just a reminder that "Supersized: The Assanti Brothers" is on TLC tonight:

After undergoing weight loss surgery, Steven begins to heal from the procedure as his brother, Justin, decides to head to Texas to undergo the same operation, yada, yada, yada.

@jpie  This sounds like a show I watched last night.

Honored Contributor

According to this picture, he seems to have lost a ton of weight.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  Steven has lost weight but he's still got mental issues and is on drugs.

Respected Contributor

I watched the Assanti brothers and wondered how much of that was staged.  The most recent show I watched was with Holly - a total waste.   Every month she's talking about how she followed the program and knows she's lost weight and many times she gained.  She had more excuses than anyone I've ever seen on the show so far.  Not only that she was on drugs.  SHe was so disrespectful of Dr. Now - I'd have set her free long before he finally told her he couldn't help her.  

I watched a few shows the same night and not sure which one - but one of the women last night was having weight loss surgery for the second time.  

Honored Contributor

@Financialgrl wrote:

I watched the Assanti brothers and wondered how much of that was staged.  The most recent show I watched was with Holly - a total waste.   Every month she's talking about how she followed the program and knows she's lost weight and many times she gained.  She had more excuses than anyone I've ever seen on the show so far.  Not only that she was on drugs.  SHe was so disrespectful of Dr. Now - I'd have set her free long before he finally told her he couldn't help her.  

I watched a few shows the same night and not sure which one - but one of the women last night was having weight loss surgery for the second time.  

I've seen several people on this show have weight loss surgery for the second time many years later. Usually because there was something done wrong with the first one.