Respected Contributor

According to the TLC site, it is a new episode.  Says it is following  them in their third year.  Guess we will see.  I hope it is a new episode.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

According to the TLC site, it is a new episode.  Says it is following  them in their third year.  Guess we will see.  I hope it is a new episode.  

Awesome!  Thanks  Smiley Happy   Our guide is definitely not always accurate.  You'd think they would have a better handle on that by now.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt 

Yes sometimes the onscreen guide is wacky.  I was hoping it was a new episode as I have seen the other ones.  Like I said, I just cannot look away from these two............

Even though I should,🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

Sometimes they add scenes and combine with old footage. And then they add a green square on the bottom lefthand side of the screen, saying this is a new scene.

That way they just have to add scenes and not have to have new footage for an entire episode. 

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

@chickenbutt 

Yes sometimes the onscreen guide is wacky.  I was hoping it was a new episode as I have seen the other ones.  Like I said, I just cannot look away from these two............

Even though I should,🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I had one of my tuners on TLC and I was just cruising through and saw a blip on the bottom of the screen referencing 'New Tonight 8/7c My 600# Life'.   

I'm not sure how much I want to see these guys again but I feel more in terms of curiosity than revulsion (for now).  heh Smiley Very Happy   I'll watch.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My 600lb Life 5/27

[ Edited ]

I watch this show sometimes, and am always saddened when I see the depths of their food addiction, and shattered, dysfunctional lives as a result of it. It is a true addiction, and I see them no differently than an alcoholic, or drug addict. They are in desperate need of compassion, dedication, unconditional LOVE, and support that many of their family members wearily provide.

Dr. Now provides every tool they need to be successful, but even then, some succumb to the depths of their disease-so disheartening. I root for each of them, especially those that face ridicule and scorn. I cannot imagine what it is like to live in that type of imprisonment.🙁

I look forward to the updates of those that are able to overcome their demons, and are successful because of it.❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles  Unfortunately these two brothers need more help than Dr Now can possibly provide.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My 600lb Life 5/27

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

@SandySparkles  Unfortunately these two brothers need more help than Dr Now can possibly provide.  

@faeriemoon  That's a very polite way to sum up the train wreck that is the Assanti Brothers, and father too.

Respected Contributor

I am so very curious about their mother.  I wonder if they will ever show her or talk about her.  If they did on the previous episodes about the brothers, I do not remember her.  

Honored Contributor

I recently watched several episodes of this show after several years of having not seen any.  Frankly, I don't know how anyone can stand to watch it.

Dr. Nowzarden is totally without charisma or charm.  All the conversation is heavily scripted and stilted.  The patients are obviously Medicaid recipients being treated on the public dime and are extremely unappreciative, full of excuses and whiney.  Most aren't very bright and will swear they're diligently following their diets while gaining weight.  Since it's free, they obviously don't take it very seriously.

I get totally disgusted with the program and have sworn off watching future episodes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment