Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I am so very curious about their mother.  I wonder if they will ever show her or talk about her.  If they did on the previous episodes about the brothers, I do not remember her.  

@4kitties   These two idiots both  blame their Mother leaving them as children and for all their problems....most of these food addicts blame it on someone else....a good excuse to not go on a diet and exercise.  

if I birthed Steven, I would have left too! He is obnoxious and disgusting. 

Respected Contributor

Re: My 600lb Life 5/27

[ Edited ]

@4kitties wrote:

I am so very curious about their mother.  I wonder if they will ever show her or talk about her.  If they did on the previous episodes about the brothers, I do not remember her.  

@4kitties: I remember Steven talking about his mother on the first show that aired a few years ago. He said she abandoned the family when he and his brother were young. The abandonment definitely played a major part in their weight issues.

Respected Contributor

Lovedit when Dr Now said people are puking in the other room when was the last time you showerd?  Steven probably never washed his clothes or bedding. 

Honored Contributor

I just happened to come upon them being on the show. I've seen the other episodes they were on. I'm watching it now. Steven is acting pretty normal so far. Key word so far. He's doing a phone conference with Dr. Now. He told him he eats pizza 5 times a day lol.

Respected Contributor

Well I watched it.  Those two are still a mess and I think Dr. Now just wasted a lot of time and resources on them.  I do not think that either of them have the mental capacity to make the changes they need in order to eat properly and regain their health. 

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@4kitties wrote:

@4kitties: I remember Steven talking about his mother on the first show that aired a few years ago. He said she abandoned the family when he and his brother were young. The abandonment definitely played a major part in their weight issues.

These people always have an excuse... blame this or that or this person or that person for why they stuff their faces.... they never take the blame themselves. Thus why they never get well very often and fail miserably. They have the control... it is their hands feeding their mouth... and with food they know is not necessary for survival. Addicts  in general tend to blame others for their problems...  no matter what the addiction and expect other people to clean their messes.  I have no pity. There are too many other people REALLY  suffering ... and in need.    These obese people need to get up off their fat A** and  DO SOMETHING for themselves.

Honored Contributor

Well, Steven is still Steven.  He's so truly vile.  I wonder if his wife ended up outta there.  Sounds like she wants a divorce and he, of course, wants to have somebody to continue taking care of him. 

I feel a little bit for Justin.  He doesn't seem as horrible and I can only imagine the horrible things Steven has done to him, probably from a very young age, as Steven seems to be a bully.

I just wish Justin would get Steven OUT of his head and stop being tortured by it.  Do your best.  Live your life.   Let Steven go entirely so you can have peace.   I understand it and also understand it's not totally easy, but it will make his life better.  I do wish him the best.  As to Steven - I really don't care.  He will never do his best, or even make any effort, so he's just wasted space, IMO.

Trusted Contributor

I looked at the program guide saw it said the Assanti brothers and decided there was no way I would waste my time watching.

Super Contributor

Re: My 600lb Life 5/27

[ Edited ]

"have you heard of soap and water? " Gotta love Dr Now!  LOL There's a room full of people puking across the hall. Dr Now doesn't like anyone in this family particularly Steven.  There must be something wrong with Stephanie, who would marry Steven.  I hope the crew got extra pay being around Steven.  They also seemed to be fixated with his legs and foot which are by far the worst ever on the show. 

Honored Contributor

I love how Dr. Now doesn't play games with these people and tells them how it is. When this episode was over another came on that I half watched. It was about a brother and sister that wanted to lose weight. I don't think I've ever seen an episode where they showed so much eating.

The guy had a plate next to his bed with about 6 cheeseburgers on it and then another plate of fast food. What really grosses me out is when they talk about their toileting habits and have to take a shower. I don't know why this has to be shown each episode. I read they must do this to be on the series but I wonder why.