Respected Contributor

The new episode tonight will be a follow up on Alicia and Pauline.  

I do not remember Alicia but I do remember Pauline.  She quit Dr. Now's program as she was just not able to change her eating habits.  I am so surprised to see her again.  It may be interesting.  I think this will be the second follow up on Pauline.  Seems I remember another one.  I always felt sorry for her son.  Seems he had no life but as her caregiver.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

I have this one scheduled to record.   I won't know if I know who they are until I see them, but I just hope it's not another 1.5 hours spent for nothing.  I want to see people get help who will do their part and improve their lives.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt 

I agree.  I am tired of the patients who are a total waste of time and do not truly want to change.  Since this is a follow up show I am hoping for the best, but that Pauline was a real stinker in the last show.  I am surprised Dr Now has taken her back.  

Regular Contributor

I totally agree. Unfortunately people have the impression all you have to do is have most of your stomach removed and you’ll wake up skinny the next morning. There’s so much more to it. You have to discover the root reason why you overate to such an extreme to begin with, then retrain your eating habits and your coping mechanisms so you don’t fall back into the old ways. I think Dr Now does a good job explaining it but he’s always going to have patients that want a fast magic bullet.

Honored Contributor

Where it really angers me the most is when one of these folks continues to eat tens of thousands of calories a day and, when questioned about why they either didn't lose or they gained, they have no idea and just flat out lie about what they've been doing.

The doctor knows better.  Like he says, the scale doesn't lie.  If you're following the diet he gives there would be no way that a person would not lose the amount of weight he expects in that given time frame.

Super Contributor

Ugh, so tired of Pauline!  Maybe in this update she will have freed her son! 

Trusted Contributor

@4kitties Alicia is the one who is short of stature ( 5'3" or so) who was very heavy as a child and was pressured by her mother (parents divorced) to lose weight.

She has a BF of many years, Tim, who is an ex-drug addict (very nice-looking guy who actually has a JOB) and seems genuinely caring and considerate of Alicia.  

Alicia has many problems sticking to Dr. Now's diet at the beginning (usual excuses) but FINALLY seemed to "get it" at the end of the episode and began to lose a lot of weight.

The last scene is when she and Tim go out on a date and she's wearing a red dress and nice wrap and they talk about having a future together.

After my huge disappointment with last week's episode (Erica and JIMMY) where their brief romance (that I thought had "legs") crashes into an epic fail with Erica gaining 150 lbs in 3 months pining away for JIMMY,I'm rooting hard for Alicia and Tim to progress in their relationship and her weight loss!!

Respected Contributor

@pdlinda 

Thanks for that recap.  I am sure I probably saw the episode but even though I googled  picture of Alicia, I just do not remember her.  Maybe I will tonight when I actually see her and hear her talk.  

Esteemed Contributor

I remember Pauline, and I remember Alicia but not what she looks like.  I like these update shows.

Respected Contributor

Re: My 600Lb Life 4-29-2020

[ Edited ]

I really liked "My 600 LB. Life" when they showed the patient a few years into the program at the end of the episode, and they were at their goal weight.  I loved those shows.  This year has been mostly failures and no happy endings.  I really wish they would show more uplifting outcomes.