Respected Contributor

I was amazed that Larry was able to get down into the bathtub to bathe & get himself back out again!   

Honored Contributor

Re: My 600 lb life

[ Edited ]

Medicaid doesn't provide money directly to the person. I am guessing a few may be on disability as they have said they have an income but can't work due to weight and health issues. And I would imagine they get paid something by TLC. No one appears on TV for free.

Trusted Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I'm watching this show and the guy has weighed 940 lbs in the past then lost weight,  his sisters and mom died within months of each other and he has multiple medical conditions and depression. He weighed 648 when seeing Dr. Now for the first visit and only lost 9 lbs by his second visit. He was driven all the way from New York to Houston 5 day trip(very risky travel but he flew back to New York because his friend would not drive back to get him) Prior to his initial visit with the Dr. he was eating 9 eggs for breakfast along with toast, numerous strips of bacon and pastries.  Such a sad case of food addiction. anybody watch this show weekly ?

I watch this show regularly.  My heart went out to that man.  I wish TLC would do a show on how some of these people are doing now.

Esteemed Contributor

@isaboo   They do shows like that occasionally.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Frequent Contributor

I was rooting for him. I know he wants to lose the weight and I hope he eventually does. 

Respected Contributor

Well, look at the Biggest Losers, all of them have gained the weight back and more except for 1 winner.  its difficult 

Honored Contributor

I always thought TLC paid for the surgery.  I am thinking they do get paid to be on the show, however I am surprised that the show does not have places for these people to stay.  It seems they all have a hard time finding places they can afford.