Esteemed Contributor

My 600 lb life last night 4-17

I thought that was one of the worst episodes.  I feel sorry for the people who have this addiction, but on the other hand, they must take a lot of responsibility and help themselves.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My 600 lb life last night 4-17

I felt the same way @Patriot3 This was a joke to her. I laughed when she 

said Dr. Now is her hero. She acted like she should have gotten rewarded

just for going to him, big deal because you just know with her attitude 

that she had no permanent intention of even trying to do better for

herself and her health.

I feel like when they do not try after so many failed attempts month after

month, Now needs to stop this nonsense with one more try. Especially 

filming and airing these waste of time episodes to see nothing accomplished 

but everyone invovled time wasted.

I guess when she lost 4 or 5 lbs. her winner boyfriend thought she was too

skinny and left her for that reason. Feel sorry for her 12 year old, wow.

Trusted Contributor

@Patriot3   I so agree. I watched it with closed captioned on, couldn't stand her squeaky little girl voice. She had no desire to lose weight just wanted to pretend and get attention.

Honored Contributor

This woman seemed to live in a fantasy world. Her voice drove me crazy too. I had a difficult time understanding what she was saying at times. I'm glad she finally lost some weight. I wonder if she was able to keep it off? I thought it was sad when she called her son in prison and asked him to forgive her. He seemed so happy to hear from her.

Esteemed Contributor

These people think that getting weight loss surgery is going to be a miracle and the next day they will have lost 400 lbs.  They need a whole different mind set!

Esteemed Contributor

I am always amazed that all of these morbidly obese people always have a significant other who will do the most personal things for them.  Is there no shame or embarrassment?  I remember wondering if I would have a date on Saturday night but all I really had to do was gain 500 pounds.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

After Dr. No. sent her home to lose  some weight.....she is stuffing her face with fried chicken takeout.....right there I lost any respect for her and changed the channel😡

Trusted Contributor

I agree, just horrible.  That baby voice ugh.  Its obvious that she has had a tough life, had kids too early and wasn't able to have a childhood.  This was someone who had chance after chance but wouldn't do what she needed to do on her own. She had kids and  her mother telling her that she needed to eat better and loose weight.

Its sad how these people are surrounded by family who enable them to eat and live like this.  The family members will talk about how much they eat yet will do nothing to help them eat heathier.  Also family members that obviously could loose weight themselves but aren't joining in on the weight loss jouney as well.  Long term that would help.

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

These people think that getting weight loss surgery is going to be a miracle and the next day they will have lost 400 lbs.  They need a whole different mind set!

Agree.  It's like they have never seen the show before.  "Oh, I have to diet first, and then get the surgery?"  Yes, just like the 100 people on the show prior to you.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

Add me to the list of who couldn't take her voice; it was like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

I had a feeling with her boyfriend who I believe said he met her in the hospital laying on the stretcher wouldn't want her to lose weight since he was attracted to obese women.  I wasn't surprised to see he left her, though one would think if he really loved her, he'd want her to lose the weight and keep on living.  Said alot about him.

After her visit to Dr. Now, when she was home, they showed him bringing in chicken to her room and her taking food and hiding it.  There was another clue.  I said to DH, "we're not going to see any surgery happening". 

Did anyone see last week's episode with Angela Gutirrez (sp?) who was another one who thought she knew better than Dr. Now?  That was another episode that was a waste of time.  She was a piece of work.  She kept on canceling her appointments but would face time with him on how she's doing it herself. 

Sometimes, I wonder why I continue to watch, but I still do.