Honored Contributor

Re: My 600 Pound Life 3-13-19

@threecees wrote:

I watched it and will remember that episode definitely.

Felt bad for the poor dogs, knowing that they just lie around and watch her eat

herself into an early grave.

The mom would not stop providing the enormous meals to Jeanne after Dr. Now

started her on the plan. Both had to get their act together. She made me mad when she said that she would rub her weight loss in the Now's face. I thought yeah, we

will see and I knew she would not lose much weight. She wasted Now's time.

Crazy to think that at over 700 lbs. she could still move and walk in and out of

drs. office. Just unbelevable and smoking too. Tons of money wasted on all that

food and disgusting cigarettes. 

Noticed the dogs were not begging for her food. I though she would devour every

cupcake in the container, but then next she moved on to pizza. 

Made me furious towards the end when she said that she can not stay on the 

plan under all the stress. You know what, I thought well you are next to go.

@threecees   I felt sorry for the dogs, hope they get out every day for exercise and to relieve boredom.  some people just take the easy way, right to the grave.

Trusted Contributor

@Danky  Yes, in some cases the choice is dogs over people.  The woman made the choice to not follow the diet.  The dogs, on the other hand, have no choice in the matter of their care.  What did surprise me that when the police found the husband deceased they did not report the living conditions to the proper authorities, nor do anything with the dogs.  So sad.

Honored Contributor

I started out watching this, but when it came to the sore as a result of poor hygiene, it made me sick and I couldn't watch anymore, I just knew she wasn't going to follow the Dr.'s rules, she just had that attitude!  I did see some of the dogs in the trailer, and yes, I felt sorry for them!  I didn't realize her mother didn't practice good hygiene either, disgusting, that is a sign of mental illness!

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I do feel for the entire family, but they are dysfunctional in so many ways that I feel it would take years to get them on track mentally to even begin a journey with Dr. Now.

@colliemom4   I totally agree.  Therapy should have been started way before anything else.  The diet doesn't work alone.  Both of them need long-term therapy before they can even begin to understand how the bypass surgery works.  They think they are going to come out of surgery, thin.  No amount of scolding is going to make them understand.  Too bad we don't get to see that - although I know Dr. Now is aware of this - but it IS a TV show and time is money.

Honored Contributor

I watch this show on occasion, but did not see this episode....my DH will not watch it so it we are in the same room.....the show is not on.  I understand there are undelying causes to the weight gain, like the show Hoarders....I do have sympthay for these poeple but curious who pays for their surgery, therapy, etc?  

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I agree with you.  I hope that someone or some organzation can step in and get them to responsible and loving homes.  I do not foresee a long life for either this woman or her mother.  I also found the woman to be extremely selfish.  She knew that her parents were in such poor health and yet she allowed them to do everything for her.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I watch this show on occasion, but did not see this episode....my DH will not watch it so it we are in the same room.....the show is not on.  I understand there are undelying causes to the weight gain, like the show Hoarders....I do have sympthay for these poeple but curious who pays for their surgery, therapy, etc?  

@Mom2Dogs  I read that they get one year of free medical care from the hospital paid for by the show, and that almost all of the housing that you see them moving into belongs either to the hospital or the tv company.

In return the participants have to agree to being filmed naked - including while showering or bathing, and agree to have their therapy sessions filmed. They must also agree not to disclose the full details of the financial arrangements between themselves and the show. I've also read that they are paid around $4,000.

Valued Contributor

That young woman had an excuse for every morsel she put in her mouth; what a whiner. I still can’t believe she dumped salt on her plate directly from the cardboard container! I must say - watching this show helps keep my weight under control.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The 1st half hour of the show was just her stuffing food in her mouth, that huge breakfast, then burgers & pizza & cupcakes.  They didn't say if that was just her morning intake or for the whole day, though they made it seem like that was all in one sitting.  It was enough food to feed a family of 4 for several days.

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I watched this, too.  I think this is the worst episode I have seen.  What got me most was the filth that they lived in.  There was no wish for any of them to change their habits.  And 9 dogs.  That's absolutely ridiculous.  I can't imagine the germs.  No wonder they both had infections.

I about fell over when I saw Jeanne only lost 8 lbs when the Dr said to lose 100.  There was no cooperation on her's or her Mother's side to quit eating like they had been.

Would like to see where they are now!

@Patriot3   The germs don't come from the dogs, but the filthy conditions.