Honored Contributor

Music choice on t.v. have the solid gold oldies on.

Gary Puckett, with Woman, Woman, one of my favorites was on. Now is Jackie Wislon doing, "Lonely Teardrops" needed a little bit of the "oldies" today. LOL.

ah ricky nelson "Poor Little Fool" 1958!!!! He was a favorite of my husbands.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Music choice on t.v. have the solid gold oldies on.

They sure don't make music like they used to. I miss all the old songs and the timeless entertainers.

There are no more good radio stations to listen to unless you have satellite radio. They took off a great AM station where I live that played so many good oldies and adult contemporary songs like Sinatra, Streisand, Manilow, Anne Murray, etc.

To me everything sounds the same these days. I must be getting old! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Esteemed Contributor

This weekend I watched LBS, of which I am a contributed, and saw Kristen Chenoweth in her home town of BROKEN ARROW, OKLAHOMA. Ninety minutes of great singing and music. She played the good witch on Broadway, Can,t put the Title of play. She has been on TV. Then for the oldies,Peter Paul and Mary. Remember, PUFF THE MAGIC DRAGON, about children growing up and leaving their favorite toy behind? Also BLOWING IN THE WIND, when the March on Washington with Martin Luther King? They sang folk songs with Pete Weaver also about the Times we were living in, like the Vietnam war. Then for the real oldies, TENNESSE ERNIE FORD, and his gospel music. He could make a believer out of anyone. His voice was so deep and pure. So I had a good night watching basically no violence or blood and guts and listening to great music without the s###x, and other four letter words and I don,t mean love.
Honored Contributor

I've watched part of the Kristin Chenoweth show last night and plan to finish watching today. I just love her!

I also love Peter, Paul, and Mary. I didn't know one of their shows was currently airing. Will have to look for it. So sad we lost her a while back. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

I look on the PBS menue starting on Thursdays for the weekend because they always have something great. Last weekend saw ninety minutes of TONY BENNETT AND LADY GAGA IN CONCERT promoting Cheek to Cheek. Was great, Gaga Gaga can sing.
Honored Contributor

I saw the Bennett/Gaga one also. Very good!

Esteemed Contributor

Saw him in person here in town in August. So good. Will see Johnny Mathis December 19th in town. Looking forward to it. I know they are oldies, but goodies and so am I.
Honored Contributor

Ooh, I'm jealous! Johnny Mathis is so awesome. He has the most stunningly beautiful voice and he just seems like a dear soul. We saw him some years ago (somewhere in the 8-10 years ago time frame I think) and we both truly loved the whole show.

Respected Contributor

I went to my first doo wop concert 2 years ago and it was the best thing ever and I got to sit in the front row.

Paul and Paula

Jimmy Clanton

Eldorados

Cadillacs

The list goes on and on. I have pictures of them all. Jimmy Clanton looked and sounded great for his age.

Here's one of Jimmy Clanton and Paul and Paula and others.

Esteemed Contributor

Two more days and I see the Johnny MATHIS Christmas Show. I have the DVD,S of my era, the 50,s, 60,s.