Honored Contributor

@dakotacheryl wrote:

I gave the show 2 tries. Didn’t laugh once. Deleted the timer.

@dakotacheryl wrote:

---------------

I may have chuckled once or twice @dakotacheryl but my initial thought was that this type of humor won't be funny by the time it is rerun for the first time. We won't be seeing MB on a retro channel someday because it simply won't be funny.

Respected Contributor

Loved the last scene: The empty glass cabinet.  Murphy took back her award.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@dakotacheryl wrote:

@dakotacheryl wrote:

---------------

I may have chuckled once or twice @dakotacheryl but my initial thought was that this type of humor won't be funny by the time it is rerun for the first time. We won't be seeing MB on a retro channel someday because it simply won't be funny.

i disagree......

i am amazed sometimes watching older series. i have been re-watching BOSTON LEGAL from 2004-2008. it amazes me how relevant all of the storylines are today. the same episodes could be airing new today and everyone will still be shaking their heads/laughing/stunned. the people may be different but the "characters" sometimes remain the same. still absolutely relevant.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I really tried to like the reboot but I am out.  Yesterday's episode was especially poorly written as for me it was overwrought with cliches.  It had some good moments (when Murphy handed her business card to the young intern) but the rest of the characters just fade into the background du jour based on that episode's topic.  Maybe Corky could have had something powerful to say too based on where she came from?  

I think the reboot could be much more relevant and potentially powerful if they expanded the central cast to include more young people (like that engaging assistant, for me he owns his segments) and bridging the cultural gap between the two and not finding a new, younger girlfriend for Miles.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

@dakotacheryl wrote:

@dakotacheryl wrote:

---------------

i disagree......

i am amazed sometimes watching older series. i have been re-watching BOSTON LEGAL from 2004-2008. it amazes me how relevant all of the storylines are today. the same episodes could be airing new today and everyone will still be shaking their heads/laughing/stunned. the people may be different but the "characters" sometimes remain the same. still absolutely relevant.

@sunshine45 I LOVE BOSTON LEGAL SO MUCH!  That for me is one of the best written/acted series ever no matter of the cast changes.  I was livid when Comcast dropped Ovation from my cable package . . . I hate Comcast . . . Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

the more i watch BOSTON LEGAL, the more i want to watch it over and over again. we still have ovation on our comcast. you are right.......every person on that show is FANTASTIC. cannot believe that it did not go on longer.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@momtochloe

the more i watch BOSTON LEGAL, the more i want to watch it over and over again. we still have ovation on our comcast. you are right.......every person on that show is FANTASTIC. cannot believe that it did not go on longer.

Hee @sunshine45 I was LIVID when Comcast dropped Ovation from my cable selection and now we are locked into a war of wills as I refuse to pay them a penny more for their pitiful offerings that they nickle and dime you to death (not bitter much, eh?) but that show for me is so beautifully written and casted/acted I never tire of watching each season.  

Have I mentioned how much I hate Comcast lately?  GAH!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Murphy Brown

[ Edited ]

This is not doing well in the ratings. Last Man Standing beat them by 1 million viewers.

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

This is not doing well in the ratings. Last Man Standing best them by 1 million viewers.

Are these shows aired during the same time period on the same night?  

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

@dakotacheryl wrote:

@dakotacheryl wrote:

---------------

i disagree......

I agree, in part, with you both... Boston Legal has appeal that stands the test of time, but there's a world of difference between Boston Legal and this incarnation of Murphy Brown... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...