Esteemed Contributor

True comedy, yes.  Nothing on today makes me laugh except Corden's car karaoke sometimes.  When politics are thrown into the mix, especially one sided, well....it's not funny to me.  I loved the old MB but probably won't watch the real old MB

Honored Contributor

Re: Murphy Brown

[ Edited ]

@sunshine 919

Did not watch this show the first time around, except for a couple of episodes.

Then we re-watched Boston Legal, which had Candice Bergen in it...so DH came around to liking her.

Now we are watching the new MB and enjoying it very much!

I can tell, as we are watching, that perhaps some of the characters’ idiosyncrasies are hold-overs from the original series. Since I don’t get these very much it’s ok...still as others have mentioned, we are enjoying having a show to watch that is light-hearted.

I enjoy watching their fashion and hair-styles, too.  She is such an icon.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I love comedies but so far for me Murphy Brown is not funny.  I have watched two episodes and will give it a third shot.  Sometimes it is not funny until you get to really know characters.  

Esteemed Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@puttypiesmom wrote:

I'm really enjoying this show and I don't care what side they're on..it's just funny.  But, Debra Messing's big mouth ruined Will and Grace for us and we removed it from our DVR.  Will not miss it! She's a blowhard who took it outside of the show and that's crossing the line! 

What are you talking about? 

@RainCityWoman

Look it up. 

I just did, but thanks for your help anyway. She was appalled at what a tv host said to an audience member while she was a guest, and she spoke out about it. So??? The TV host should never have phrased the question the way she did, implying that somebody became gay because he watched Will and Grace.

Valued Contributor

I gave the show 2 tries. Didn’t laugh once. Deleted the timer.

Respected Contributor

The IS VERY left leaning!  But... the acting is still there.  They are just the same as they were many years ago. I am SO NOT a left person, by any stretch of the imagination.  But I'm giving this show a chance because I really do like the characters, and I'm trying hard to get past the politicalness of it.  To me, it's not as offensive as Will & Grace. I won't watch that.

Respected Contributor

Diane English redeemed herself tonight!  This was the old MB at its finest—— funny, very funny, heart warming and timely.  

Honored Contributor

To me, the reboots are struggling. I watched both Will and Grace and Murphy Brown tonight and didn't find either of them particularly funny. Will and Grace seems to be missing on all cylinders this year and despite some warm moments and occasional humor, Murphy Brown wasn't particularly funny either... The supposed comedic lines were forced, as was the laughter, which had to be a laugh track, since the hilarity simply wasn't there... Avery's a honey, though...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

It's been nice to see the characters again, but it seems to have lost its groove.  I like the idea of having an older Avery who's also in the business, but his lines this week just weren't very interesting to me.  Last week I thought it was funny that he was getting into the White House press meeting while Murphy wasn't invited, but I think it ended flat with a missed opportunity.  The whole MeToo storyline tonight just didn't resonate with me either.  DH has given up on the show, and I may join him and watch something else next week.  Neither of us is interested in Will and Grace.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.