Trusted Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

I enjoy Last Man Standing, it has funny even handed barbs for each side along with the family story. Murphy Brown is a one sided hit job.

i dont see it that way.

murphy brown has a "family"......just not a traditional family......and that is one of the reasons why it is good.

@sunshine45 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

I enjoy Last Man Standing, it has funny even handed barbs for each side along with the family story. Murphy Brown is a one sided hit job.

i dont see it that way.

murphy brown has a "family"......just not a traditional family......and that is one of the reasons why it is good.

I'm not concerned about the family on MB, the show targets one side & that's the only reason it's on the air. Funny is both sides & not mean spirited.

@kitcat51point well taken! 

Respected Contributor

This thread is why there are so many channels to choose from. Some will watch MB, Some will watch LMS. Some will watch both and some with watch neither. Let's all enjoy the freedom of choice while we still have it.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

I think it's sweet that Murphy supports her son even though he works for the Wolf Network.  He doesn't see her as an enemy.  Similarly to the Roseanne show, the point being to reflect how families today can get along when they hold different political positions or simply have to hold down a job without allowing personal politics to get in their own way.  We don't have to club each other over the head while we ourselves seek understanding.  It's okay to laugh at ourselves while we figure it all out.

Trusted Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

I think it's sweet that Murphy supports her son even though he works for the Wolf Network.  He doesn't see her as an enemy.  Similarly to the Roseanne show, the point being to reflect how families today can get along when they hold different political positions or simply have to hold down a job without allowing personal politics to get in their own way.  We don't have to club each other over the head while we ourselves seek understanding.  It's okay to laugh at ourselves while we figure it all out.

@Free2be  They share the same views, she is just poking fun at him because of where he works.  

Respected Contributor

I am also glad Murphy Brown is back.  It was funny this week.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@sunshine 919 I missed it! When was it on? Which network? I wanted to see it when the new episodes started, but it looks like I missed it. Love Murphy Brown!!

@CBS Thursday night @9:30.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

i dont see it that way.

@sunshine45 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

i dont see it that way.

I'm not concerned about the family on MB, the show targets one side & that's the only reason it's on the air. Funny is both sides & not mean spirited.

@kitcat51

actually, funny is subjective......whether you are on one side, another side, or right in the middle.

by the way, if you didnt like the ORIGINAL murphy brown that ran for 11 seasons, it stand to reason that you wont like the recent murphy brown.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

I'm really enjoying this show and I don't care what side they're on..it's just funny.  But, Debra Messing's big mouth ruined Will and Grace for us and we removed it from our DVR.  Will not miss it! She's a blowhard who took it outside of the show and that's crossing the line! 

What are you talking about? 

Trusted Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@puttypiesmom wrote:

I'm really enjoying this show and I don't care what side they're on..it's just funny.  But, Debra Messing's big mouth ruined Will and Grace for us and we removed it from our DVR.  Will not miss it! She's a blowhard who took it outside of the show and that's crossing the line! 

What are you talking about? 

@RainCityWoman

Look it up. 

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

i dont see it that way.

@sunshine45 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

i dont see it that way.

@kitcat51

actually, funny is subjective......whether you are on one side, another side, or right in the middle.

by the way, if you didnt like the ORIGINAL murphy brown that ran for 11 seasons, it stand to reason that you wont like the recent murphy brown.

I did like the orginial & you're right about what passes as funny. We'll simply agree to disagree...enjoy the show.