Respected Contributor

I loved the old version, this one, not so much.  The old Murphy was always sharp-tongues but this one is just plain mean.

The old Murphy was business stylish.  This one dresses like a bag lady.  You know things are off when Tyne Daly is far more attractive and stylish than Candice Bergen. (Jim's award dinner)

Earlier this year I saw Candice Bergen in Book Club.  She is still an attractive woman but for some reason the stylist on Murphy Brown chooses to make her look like a cartoon character.

Respected Contributor

I saw the pilot and liked it.   Then I never watched it again.   Nothing intentional just forgot about it.   Maybe I'll catch up later. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like the characters and seeing Jim get recognized for his work.  Corky looks fabulous.  The political comments don't bother me as that's always been part of the show, but the plot seems lacking and that they're doing things just to push the envelope.  Like that scene in the back of Myles's car with the new characters.  I'd rather they focus on the original characters and just have fun without feeling like they have to make statements.  Guess pushing the envelope is their idea of having fun, though.

Valued Contributor

I like the show but why does Murphy wear such horrible clothes??? Avery is very cute!

Trusted Contributor

@Baylie wrote:

I like the show but why does Murphy wear such horrible clothes??? Avery is very cute!

I was wondering the same thing! @Baylie