Respected Contributor

Loved the original Murphy Brown and I am really enjoying this new version.  I wasn't so sure I would like it as the first episode was so-so, and I do miss Eldin, but it just keeps getting better and better.  Love the actor who plays Jim Dial.  The last episode with Bette Midler was a hoot.  I hope they renew this show.  Also loving Cool Kids.  

Contributor

Re: Murphy Brown

[ Edited ]

I’m not a fan of the new show. It is way too political and I am in a politics fatigue. I don’t find the writing clever or witty. But, we are fortunate to have variety in our entertainment choices.  I hope it is renewed so you can continue to enjoy it. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I liked the older version, but the newer version is wayyy too political for me. Very biased. 

Respected Contributor

I am really enjoying the new show. I actually LOL at it! It maintains the intelligent wit of the first series.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

Loved the original Murphy Brown and I am really enjoying this new version.  I wasn't so sure I would like it as the first episode was so-so, and I do miss Eldin, but it just keeps getting better and better.  Love the actor who plays Jim Dial.  The last episode with Bette Midler was a hoot.  I hope they renew this show.  Also loving Cool Kids.  

I loved Murphy Brown before  and I love her now.  Very funny.  I watched Cool Kids for the first time this  week.  I really enjoy Vicky Lawerence.  She was funny on Carol Burnett and she was a hoot on Mamas Family.  Would like to see some of her co stars from Mamas Family on this show.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Liked the older version, but this new one is dreadful. I get plenty of politics on news shows, it does not belong in this arena. I don't find it to be funny at all.

Respected Contributor

I like it, so far.  I knew they made political jokes, always have.  I remember the Dan Quayle flap.

Honored Contributor

I expected the political slant, which was part of the old show too. Unfortunately, where the old show was more consistently witty, the new show really isn't... All too often what humor there is feels forced and with age, most of the cast has lost whatever sense of comedic timing they had... There are a few warm moments, particularly between Avery and Murphy, and occasional humorous lines and situations, but overall, the show, for me, falls flat. Murphy Brown, the show, wasn't one that I generally considered uproariously funny, other than Miles, occasionally, but it was consistently good. The reboot, not so much...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm going to talk about entertainment in general, not specific to this show:  What passes for humor on tv is mostly tired, same old, rock throwing cheap gags.  Not wit and finesse.   And it has a mean edge to it.  

Subtlety is out of fashion these days, so we don't watch much of anything.  We don't go to movies because we are tired of seeing stuff blow up and people fly through the air.

There is little sophistication.  So much of "entertainment" is on a junior high school mentality.

Respected Contributor

Loved the old version, like then new version but miss Eldon.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF