Respected Contributor

Re: Murphy Brown Revival Not Coming Back For Another Season

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I watched a few minutes of one episode and  I was done.

I got through the first episode and that was it for me!

I wanted to like it since I loved the original but reboots don't work most of the time and that's why I don't watch them but I wanted to give it a chance.

Honored Contributor

I watched the Thanksgiving episode and it was awful. Forced humor and anything but funny. It sounded like the show had a laugh track and it didn't add to anything.

It kind of reminded me of a documentary trying to relate forced politics. Definitely a miss....

Trusted Contributor

Not surprised.  Don't know why they think they can ever top the originals.  Just like Roseanne.  They should have just left it alone.  Hollywood must be out of original ideas in TV and movies.  Rehash of all the old stuff.

Trusted Contributor

3 things I didn't like about the show.  The Cagney and Lacy bartender, Mile's assistant who thinks it's too weird to wear a real suit and the last episode where ICE agents raided a food truck.  Other than that, I rather liiked it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@coffee drinker wrote:

Good!!!  Never watched the show.  Only saw small clips.  Another program and actor(s) telling me how to think.  No thank you, I have my own mind and opinions!  Don't need yours. 

i always find it "interesting" when people think that these types of shows were trying to tell people how to think. i dont see any comedy shows or even dramas trying to do this. i can still have my own mind and enjoy a show for its humor or situations.....even when i dont agree. i also try not to give an opinion of a show that i "never watch." i also dont wish shows off of the air just because i dont like them....because i know others do like them.

-----------------

Everyone I know that watched this reboot hated it!! 

I did not watch as I do not like redo's of shows. They are hardly ever as good as the original!!

I am always so curious as to why so few people  come up with original, creative plots for new shows!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I watched once and that was enough! 

It certainly isn't the Murphy brown of years ago,  it was actually funny then and I loved the show .  now it's just a platform to spiel there political  views which I don't watch this type of show to hear that.  Stick with acting I certainly dont need anyone  preaching to me .  if I want political commentary I'll watch the news.  I feel because of there political leanings the show didnt make it 😏no great loss!!

LOl. Apparently you don't remember the verbal exchange between Candace Bergen and Dan Quayle way back when. Every show comes from SOME point of view. Remember Alex Keaton and his politics as opposed to his ex hippie parents?

Respected Contributor

It's been a relase to laugh and cry together but there comes a point that that the tears out number the laughs.  The ICE raid was a low reality point.  There's no way it can remain a sitcom about a news program and continue in mostly laughter..  .

Super Contributor

Diane English just posted on twitter:  DianeEnglish(@realmurphybrown):

Murphy Brown fans. We are NOT CANCELED!!!!! Several entertainment sites read a mid season schedule put out by CBS that did not have our show on it and the assumption was made that we were not renewed. Our order, at our request was 13 eps. We look forward to a second season.
Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

Not surprised, since it was given a bad time slot.  Avery was my favorite, too.  Glad "Will and Grace" is doing well. 

I enjoyed the show and would have continued to watch, so it's a shame and it's always a shame when people lose jobs.   Entertainment employs a LOT of people!

I also love Will & Grace and hope that doesn't go away any time soon.  What fun characters and they are just as good as they were in the beginning.  While I do like all the characters very much, I just can't get enough of Jack and Karen!  Smiley Very Happy   

Respected Contributor

@suziebee1 wrote:

Diane English just posted on twitter:  DianeEnglish(@realmurphybrown):

Murphy Brown fans. We are NOT CANCELED!!!!! Several entertainment sites read a mid season schedule put out by CBS that did not have our show on it and the assumption was made that we were not renewed. Our order, at our request was 13 eps. We look forward to a second season.

I guess I'll hang on to my crying towel for awhile!  Thank you for this!