Respected Contributor

Re: Murder on the Orient Express -- Remake

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Good cast ..... and so glad Michelle Pfeiffer is acting again.  Haven't seen her in ages.

I agree , she was always one of my favorites.    As for the movie, it is one of about 3 movies I've walked out on.  I just couldn't get into it at all.   Maybe it was my mood.  I didn't like Alien or Star Wars the first time I saw them but liked them later.   I like the cast in this new one and am 40+ years older, so I may give it a try.

Esteemed Contributor

I really like the potential of this cast in the new movie!  But, I just don't get the idea of "remakes".  Many redo's are just flops!!  Surely there are enough creative writers around that new plots/stories /movies can be developed!  I wish they would leave the oldies but goodies alone!!

Super Contributor

0Re: Murder on the Orient Express -- Remake

[ Edited ]

I am excited to hear this, though I love the original! My dream came true several years ago, when my sister and I took my mom on the Orient Express from Paris to Venice on her 80th birthday. First class attentive service. If you are ever afforded the opportunity to make the Orient Express part of your vacation, do it! It was well worth the scrimping and saving! I may just watch the original this weekend!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

They did a wonderful movie in the 70's or 80's with Albert Finney as Hercule Poirot.  It was wonderful.  It also starred Lauren Bacall, Sean Connery, Richard Widmark, Jacqueline Bisset, Michael York, Ingrid Bergman, Vanessa Redgrave.  It was a huge hit also.

Respected Contributor

Loved the version with Albert Finney.  This one sounds good, too.  Another great ensemble cast. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

The cast sounds good.  I hope it can live up to the one with Albert Finney, and all of the stars in that version

I agree.  Wonderful cast in the 1974 film and I absolutely adore the beautiful Oscar nominated music.  The opening sequence with the train...I can watch just that part again and again.  

This new cast sound pretty good but they have big shoes to fill IMO.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I loved Peter Ustinov as Hercule.

Interesting that so many remakes of Agatha Christie movies have been made!

Honored Contributor

Rented from the library the PBS one. The star was the guy from Perfect Murder. Did not care for it-AT ALL. Referring to himself in the third person was a big turnoff for me.

The Poirot films w/ Peter Ustinov (sp) were much better. David Suchet is the star of the Acorn series. He plays the policeman in Perfect Murder.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

I really like the potential of this cast in the new movie!  But, I just don't get the idea of "remakes".  Many redo's are just flops!!  Surely there are enough creative writers around that new plots/stories /movies can be developed!  I wish they would leave the oldies but goodies alone!!

ITA !!! I just read the reviews and they are all bad. Very low rating of this film. Too bad, I was going to watch it and I will save my money now.

I really think that Hollywood has the major crisis now, there is nothing fresh,exciting or romantic now....Just blood and filth....