Respected Contributor

Re: @Re: Murder On Middle Beach

I watched and enjoyed the first installment. I am interested in finding out about the victim's secrets beyond the gifting tables. Agree the father is a piece of work.

Respected Contributor

Re: Murder On Middle Beach

[ Edited ]

I just finished watching Part 2..

I live next town over, BF lives a block from Middle Beach. We do our exercise walking down Middle Beach often.

We both can recall this woman, but can't place where we knew her from. For me I'm thinking, was it a yoga class, or something like this...you tend to see the same "shoreline woman" in these circles. So weird to watch one of these dateline type stories about your own town. 

Also weird...one of my friends was involved for a while with these gifting tables...but not the same group as these women. She invited me once to one of the get togethers...me ever the sceptic ...it all felt too forced friendly, contrived for me. Not my kind of thing. My friend on the other hand, loved these type things...she had done Amway too.

As for "who done it"...funny...I'm not getting much from the dad at this point. To me the "tangled web" seems to be around the gifting tables, so rife with possibilities due to them getting the AAA members, and people who, as the sister explains to the son in part 2, she advised Barbara not to get involved. People who couldn't afford it.

BF, who loves mysteries, has watched a ton of the ID cold case files and reads a ton of mystery books...says often times in these cases the person had some "other life" going on that they haven't alluded to yet that comes up. He also thinks the multiple stabbing points to some type of crime of passion...though that too could be someone unstable and angry over losing money they couldn't afford to lose.

Like another poster says here...it's still unsolved...so I'm thinking by the end of this movie we still will not know. But we were saying tonight...I think the son will spend his life trying to find out. He and whoever helped him make this, have done a good job so far the way it is unfolding and filmed.

Respected Contributor

I'm watching. I haven't watched episode 2 yet.  I think one of the only positives of this virus time is some things that we may never have seen on tv we are seeing. The young man makes me sad. I hope he finds the answers he seeks. His father is a jerk with a capital J. 

Honored Contributor

They're trying to imply that Madison's aunt Conway was involved in the murder of his mother.

Honored Contributor

I'm still watching, there is only one episode left. So suspicion was aimed at the aunt Conway, she fired back and threw Madison's sister Ali under the bus. I can't imagine if someone being interviewed for this documentary murdered Barbara, they sure are as cool as can be if one of them did. I'm not saying the sister did it, however she doesn't show much emotion and seems aloof to me.

Honored Contributor

I think tonight's episode is the finale.

Honored Contributor

So the documentary ended as I thought, the murder remains unsolved. Madison's father as far as I am concerned is a person of interest.Madison did accomplished getting the files of his mother's case released to him. He is still going through it all. The police department fought him getting the files, to me ten years is long enough to make an arrest, maybe Madison is a fresh pair of eyes and can offer the police some help.

Respected Contributor

Hi @Jordan2 

Dad is shady for sure....but his sister is even shadier to me. 

Leaves the country shortly after they put her mom in the ground?

You can't run away from your grief, or your head...so my spidey sense says she ran away from something else......

Armchair FAILED slueth that I am! hahaha!

Smiley Wink

I hope someday they solve this for that tortured soul of a son she left behind.

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

Hi @Jordan2 

Dad is shady for sure....but his sister is even shadier to me. 

Leaves the country shortly after they put her mom in the ground?

You can't run away from your grief, or your head...so my spidey sense says she ran away from something else......

Armchair FAILED slueth that I am! hahaha!

Smiley Wink

I hope someday they solve this for that tortured soul of a son she left behind.

@MoonieBaby I think the sister has an alibi. There were records she signed in late at school, there was also an early dismissal. I think someone saw the mom drop her off and may have spoken to her. The court hearing was 9:30, I think Barbara was told it was moved to 2:00, someone must have contacted her with the false time change.

Regular Contributor

This is a very sad story .  There is no closure for Madison.   It really brings up more questions than answers.

Apparently Barbara knew she was digging so deep into her husbands business life that she would probably be killed for it.  She was a prime target.  I feel the father, if he didn’t kill her directly, hired someone else to do the dirty work.

Ali had an alibi, but Connie is a mental case.  She’s a mess.  It’s possible the police are trying to put a case together which sometimes can take years.  Particularly if Interpol is involved. I really don’t think 10 years a a lot for this case.  Cases that are more than 20 years old are solved.  It takes just one detective.

i hope this case does get solved for Madison’s sake.