Honored Contributor

Not sure but I think Mulan was an animated Disney movie.  A live version is coming to the theaters in March......

"A young Chinese maiden disguises herself as a male warrior in order to save her father. A live-action feature film based on Disney's 'Mulan.'"

Apparently, Mulan is actually based on a real person!  If you have Amazon Prime, I recommend you watch Warrior Women.  It is a 5 part documentary about 5 female warriors throughout history.  One part is called "The Real Mulan." faint.gif

Special Note:  The first part is about Joan Of Arc.  WOW!  That was some story.  A lot of things I did not know about her. Smiley Surprised

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

it was an animated movie, in the 90s?  took my daughter 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I saw the previews for Mulan on Sunday. I was in an Imax theatre, so not sure if the movie is in Imax. But I will say visually it was impressive.

Esteemed Contributor
Did the Disney cartoon have music? I assumed, based on the live action preview, that it did not. The preview looks great and I’m looking forward to seeing it.
Honored Contributor

Re: 🎬 Mulan 🎬

[ Edited ]

@Alter Ego wrote:
Did the Disney cartoon have music? I assumed, based on the live action preview, that it did not. The preview looks great and I’m looking forward to seeing it.

Yes, in fact Mulan was nominated for an Academy Award for "Best Original Musical or Comedy score" and a Golden Globe for "Best Original Score".

Here is a list of the voices for the original Mulan (1998)

Trusted Contributor

Re: 🎬 Mulan 🎬

[ Edited ]

I LOVED the music in Mulan and was really surprised to realize how much I enjoyed Donny Osmond! But, I don't remember knowing that Lea Salanga was Mulan's singing voice. No wonder I loved it.

For the movie, I am sure they will add songs. Or, maybe they will take the music out - I don't know. Just as if they ever decided to make a Broadway musical of this, they would have to add a lot of songs.

I saw some of the scenes of the movie and, so far, I really haven't been too impressed with the animated to "real people" productions. Aladdin wasn't too bad, but Beauty and the Beast was terrible. Cinderella was OK, and we will pretend the disaster that was Dumbo never happened. I also thought The Jungle Book was really well done. And, while it was interesting, I still prefer the original Lion King to the latest release.