Honored Contributor

I'm reading a book on Dan Duryea always liked him as a skunky actor.

He died at only 61 of pancreatic cancer. So sad. He was just the opposite of his onscreen persona. Strong family man, big into his kids lives, did all the community family events just like your everyday Joe. All around goody tooty

His wife died first of heart problems, then he died at 61, his son died at 73 and I think the other son is still living. They lost their first child ..stillborn daughter.

Respected Contributor

I didn’t know there was a book out about Dan Duryea....I always liked him...he was a “character actor” on a lot of tv westerns when I was a kid.  What is the name of the book, @SharkE ?  I will look for it at my library! (Biographies and autobiographies are my favorites). 

Honored Contributor
Dan Duryea: Heel with a Heart 
Honored Contributor

@SharkE, I've always liked him too!  He was fantastic at playing those low-down, quirky bad guys, but had a funny edge to him.  A real original.  Slicked back hair, and that smirk of his!

My favorite movie of his is "Too Late for Tears",   that moody, so. California film noir with Lizabeth Scott, Arthur Kennedy and Don DeFore.  He and Liz in that, a crooked pair made for each other...

I did not know he died so young.  Sad.  I had also heard that in real life he was the opposite of his screen baddies.

Thanks for the book recommendation! 

Honored Contributor

I got that movie Too late for tears. Black Angel, also.

I liked his 'Leo' in Little Foxes and then in the other Another Part of the Forest.

Scarlet St.

Woman in the Window