Esteemed Contributor

What was your take on the conclusion of Mrs. Wilson last night?  What a mess for all those taken in by Alex!  I think he was a disturbed person.

Trusted Contributor

@Patriot3I wish they could of gone into more detail why Alex married all those women.

Respected Contributor

Re: Mrs. Wilson last night

[ Edited ]

@hayseed00   So does Ruth Wilson!  She and his family have no answers to the questions they have.  M15, M16 and Metropolitan Police Force have sealed the files on him and labelled them as case sensitive.  As she has said, Alex left no notes or diary.  Her grandmother, Alison, did not know of the last wife and child.  

For us as viewers, it's a story so many questions but for Ruth Wilson and her siblings, it's their life, their history, their relatives and they have so many unanswered questions!  I cannot imagine.

Ruth has said the writer of Mrs. Wilson took license with the story, some things didn't transpire but added to the telling of the story.  One example is Dorothy, the second wife and her son, Alison never met either one of them.

What a jumble!

Honored Contributor

Mt take is ,God moves in mysterious ways. There must have been a bit of remorse in this man, or he wouldn't have used his rosary and kept it with him

Her husband  gave her a gift, for peace, unknowing that he did.  I hope his other wives found a way to let it go, so it didn't completely destroy any happiness  ,that might have come to them later on

Truth is always stranger than fiction..It is too bad they can't find out the real truth about this man. Perhaps he was exactly what he professed to be, and there was an internal, coup to discredit him, who knows? That doesn't excuse his behavior , but  even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Respected Contributor

i tried to have more compassion for him after hearing of his struggles and behavior right after his war experiences which clearly sent him  into another world.  i am still bothered that Brits don't release his history to clear up a thing or two.  as for Mrs. Wilson, she seemed to need to believe passionately in someone/something so i guess it was logical for her to transfer her dashed belief in Alex to a religious devotion.  

i didn't catch if the letter to her children was to be sent then - or opened at her death.  can anyone clarify?

Respected Contributor

Her memoirs were released to her sons in two parts.  One while she was alive and the second after she passed in 2005.

You might find this interesting:

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/04/mrs-wilson-ruth-wilson-bigamy-spy-grandfather-legacy-pbs-120205652...

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

What was your take on the conclusion of Mrs. Wilson last night?  What a mess for all those taken in by Alex!  I think he was a disturbed person.

@Patriot3 wrote:

I stumbled upon this show during part one and I was hooked from the beginning.  I would like to watch the whole thing again.  I was very happy to see that Mrs. Wilson found peace after trying to fit all those pieces together, especially when she never had all the pieces.  It was sad when she thought she had it all figured out and she believed that he truly loved her and her sons then BAM that little boy shows up WOW!!!.  That sent her over the edge.  Happy she found peace within the church.  It was almost like she became a Nun.  

Mr. Wilson was very complicated. I do believe some of his life was true.  He was involved in government stuff and who knows what else.  However he did have a vivid imagination.  His decision to marry multiple times is the big mystery.  That one flash back when they were at the train station he asked her to wait 2 minutes and then follow him and the camera flashed at him walking with a woman.  Was that a wife? or was it someone giving him messages.  

I did enjoy seeing all the Wilson family at the end.  Especially the surviving children.  That was a nice touch.

Honored Contributor

I want to know what was so appealing about him that four women, at least, married him. The actor portraying him was anything but appealing. I thought Alison was selfish and somewhat of a coward to check out and hide away in a convent. She had sons and grandchildren whose lives should have been important to her.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mrs. Wilson last night

[ Edited ]

I can see why he may have had to adopt new identities, but apparently, that was never the case. I still cannot see why he (for spying purposes) had several wives.

As the handler stated, he was a pathological liar. They used him for just that, but just how is locked away with so many other secrets.

Exactly what he may have done (again, for spying, and supposedly, to "save hundreds of lives") may lie hidden in the books he wrote.

Has anyone ever read any?

Anyway, as he must have been so adept at lying, (as is required for espionage) after a while, it is hard to differentiate fact from fiction. He was caught up in his own [pathological] lies.....?

Valued Contributor

that was a terrific show.....i fell asleep before last nights episoce so i'm hoping i can find it on Hulu.