Respected Contributor

Mrs. Wilson is a 3 part series on PBS Masterpiece Theater.  Episode one was last evening.  What a great episode!  It is based on a true story of Alexander Wilson.  It opens with the death of Alexander Wilson.  His wife Alison Wilson (played by real life granddaughter Ruth Wilson) discovers her life with her husband it not what she knew.  As it unravels, there are two other wives, yet no divorce.  What is true, what isn't?  He was a writer of 27 novels, worked for M15 and M16 during WWII.

Can you imagine discovering your life and your husband wasn't what you lived?

Throughly addictive!  Cannot wait for next Sunday!

Honored Contributor

Re: Mrs. Wilson - Last night!

Excellent program, I knew it would be when I read about it but than what Masterpiece Theater offering isn't excellent!  I always look forward to new series and these shows rarely disappoint.  

This story is fascinating and the acting superb, the settings so real you feel you are in that time frame.  I too look forward to the third part, TV at its best!

Regular Contributor

I was looking forward to this show and wow.  It didn't disappoint.  Excellent. BTW,  next week is just one hour.  

Honored Contributor

I recorded it and will try to watch it today.  I'm really looking forward to it after reading these posts.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I thought it was excellent!

Respected Contributor

I love PBS but I really wish they would start their shows like Mrs Wilson earlier on a Sunday evening.  I try to go to bed earlier on Sunday and hate to stay up in order to see these great shows.  I missed most of Poldark for the last two seasons because of the time. 

I will say I loved Call the Midwife last night.

Respected Contributor

So enjoyed last nights show!  They don't call it Masterpiece for nothing!!!!  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Somertime   the show was excellent, I couldn't take my eyes off the TV, I just kept waiting for more and more secrets to unravel !!!

Esteemed Contributor

When I first saw this advertized, I thought it was going to be about Mrs. Woodrow Wilson! Boy, was I surprised! Especially since I've been an avid reader of true espionage!

Yes, I am hooked too!

Respected Contributor

I was riveted to the chair. Excellent in every way! The 

role is a role of a lifetime for Ruth Wilson. She is magnificent in it. She vividly remembers her Grandma, Alison

whom she is portraying.

The series is based on a book written by Alison Wilson to explain things to her sons, Nigel and Gordon. Nigel is Ruth Wilson’s father.

Does anyone know the name of Alison Wilson’s memoir?