Trusted Contributor

Re: Mrs Oleson from Little House on The Prairie has died

Awww....big fan of the show. RIP, Katherine.

Respected Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

I read that the girl who played Nellie and Melissa Gilbert have always been good friends, but that other sister, blonde, didn't get along with either one of them. I found that interesting as Nellie played such a brat on the show. I think the entire cast played their roles very well in that dearly loved series.

@colliemom4 Yes, Melissa Gilbert and Alison Arngrim didn't get along with Melissa Sue Anderson.

According to Alison Arngrim .....

“Little House on the Prairie” star Alison Arngrim says competition between her, Melissa Gilbert and Melissa Sue Anderson was so high that she is amazed they “didn’t kill each other.”

In an appearance on FoxNews.com’s “The Strategy Room,” Arngrim said she became very close with Melissa Gilbert while working on the hit NBC show from 1974 until 1981, but the two did not bond with “prom queen type” Melissa Sue Anderson.

“Melissa Gilbert and I wound up bonding and becoming best friends like sisters and Melissa Sue became sort of the ‘frenemy,’” Arngrim said. “So we were with her all day but I guess she was like, ‘I’m not hanging out with you two. She was just sort of appalled by Melissa Gilbert and I.”

Alison Arngrim sounds a lot like Nellie. 

Honored Contributor

Katherine 'Scottie' MacGregor,

https://theartmad.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Rest-In-Peace-Candle-1.gif