Honored Contributor

This is a new show on Hulu. It stars Cate Blanchett as Phyllis Schlafly and a great cast (Rose Byrne, Uzo Aduba, Elizabeth Banks, Sara Paulson, and more). Phyllis Schlafly leads an unexpected fight against the Equal Rights Amendment movement during the 1970’s. I don’t get her,being a woman, she would be against the ERA, she wasn’t even an equal partner in her own marriage. There are three episodes available, with one episode released each week for a total of nine.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mrs. America

[ Edited ]

PS made me scratch my head. I graduated HS & College in 70s and she wasn't a role model for me. I'm not into extremes and I saw her as an extreme conservative. PS came across as family / faith figure, which is fine. She had a strong personality and advanced degrees, with honors. Her mother supported her childhood family when her dad had long spells of unemployment during the depression. Yet, PS was passive when it came to men being alpha males while women took supportive, back-seat roles. Stepford Wives was a movie shown in 1970s -- upper class women acting like robots -- to the delight of their husbands. Hmmmm  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

This series got a rave review in the NY Times.  I don't subscribe to Hulu so I won't see it but for those who do, it sounds "interesting."

Honored Contributor

I loathed that woman, I won't waste a moment watching a movie about her. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1    It's bad enough we have a pandemic.  We don't need a disaster like Phyllis Schffly too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mrs. America

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624  Wish we had a laugh button. You made me smile. Thank you

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

The scary thing about Ms. Schlafly's beliefs is they are still held as gospel by some people today. 

Esteemed Contributor

She was so highly educated, and then pulled this carp (yes I say carp)?  I have no idea why she even got a law degree.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

i really want to see this but i dont get hulu. i bet cate blanchett is amazing in that role!

Honored Contributor

cannot wait to begin watching this mini series......

i may not agree with her philosophies or what she said or did, but i am fascinated as to who she was, what she was, and how she got there.......and how she created a "movement."

i had no idea she had six children.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein