Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mr. Harrigan’s Phone

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2  & Everyone...

Yes!!...I happened to come across this movie over the weekend and it was excellent!...Great storyline and acting...I loved the relationship between the young boy and aging billionaire...It was very touching while, at the same time, halfway through, it took on a slight edge of Stephen King...not overdone...just the perfect touch.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

Watched this movie on Netflix when it came out. It was just  Ho Hum for me, very mild. Not in the same caliber as his other horror stories.

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe Actually the credits say King is just one of the authors, there are actually 3 people who contributed.

I just started watching it yesterday. Had to go do something at the point where Craig is on the library conputer reading about Harrigan's business history and the way people were affected.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2  I was coming here to recommend this movie and there you were!   Beat me to it.  I really liked it.  Kept me wondering how it would end. Good acting, interesting story.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I loved the movie. 

Valued Contributor

I loved the movie. In the past days I have been praying to my deceased dad to keep my almost 93 mother alive after her stroke. 

Honored Contributor

praying to the wrong person.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@FranandZoe Actually the credits say King is just one of the authors, there are actually 3 people who contributed.

I just started watching it yesterday. Had to go do something at the point where Craig is on the library conputer reading about Harrigan's business history and the way people were affected.

You're referring to the screenplay.  King wrote the short story.

I just watched it  - loved it.

No one does coming of age like King.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I watched this today, it's based on a Stephen King short story ( does everything he writes take place in Maine), I come to expect quality from anything his named is linked with. I thought it was good with just the right quotient of creepiness!

@Jordan2 ...I googled and, yes, except for a few of his writings, they all take place in Maine, although the towns are fictional...Here is a picture and description of his home in Maine I thought you might find interesting.

"Stephen King was born in Portland and, after some time in other states, moved with his family to Durham, Maine. His Maine home is located in Bangor and comes with all the touches you'd imagine. Spider-webs and bats adorn his front gates. Recently, an artist created a detailed spooky literary piece made from a tree stump on the property that visitor's can see from the fence. Though his literary Maine towns are fictional, they have the feel of small-town Maine which presumably comes from living in and loving Maine."

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~