Esteemed Contributor

Re: Movie ""The Imitation Game""

On 4/13/2015 Marsha2003 said:
On 4/13/2015 Love Roses said:

I failed to observe Mr. Turing as Autistic, different yes but that was how he was.

The movie portrayed him as someone not able to understand jokes or empathize with others' feelings, common behavioral aspects of those on the spectrum. Writings by his brother and others who worked with him contradicted that characterization.

Interesting. I've known throughout my years, men especially who don't understand jokes and who have not empathy as well but they weren't considered autistic. They were just who they were. I think that the character was portrayed for we viewers for entertainment purposes. That does happen quite a bit in Hollywood and other studios. Still for me, it was a good movie.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I believe Asperger's type autistic -- usually extremely intelligent. The ""Sheldon show!""

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

Just saw this film the weekend before last. Excellent story and acting.

Regular Contributor

This is next on my list to see. Husband being a history buff already knew the story, but I am looking FORWARD to it, and love Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock. Great actor.
Honored Contributor

I recognized Allen Leech who played Tom Branson on Downton Abbey.

Regular Contributor

Husband and I watched this movie this afternoon. Perfect for a rainy day. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Keira Knightly is always beautiful and amazing. Benedict Cumberbatch was his usual awesome self. In researching the storyline of the Enigma Code, there were many inconsistencies and liberties taken in the movie with the true story. I still enjoyed it and plan to read the book. "Enigma, the Battle for the Code" has four stars on Amazon.
Honored Contributor

On 4/16/2015 Judaline said:

I recognized Allen Leech who played Tom Branson on Downton Abbey.

I do not know if it is true but I've read his character and the main character never came in contact with each other.