Esteemed Contributor

For us, this moview was a big snore.  It was an official drag.  Can't recommend.  The actors did their part but the whole story line was of no real interest.  Slow starting too.  If you like scenery of countrysides, period dressing, etc., that will be the only thing you will enjoy about this movie.  Too bad, I wanted to like it. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Sorry to hear that. You are not the only one to make that observation. I love Sherlock holmes mysteries and the idea had such potential. 

Esteemed Contributor

It was such a disappointment and yes, it had the potential to be so much more. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

WOW!  Thanks for the heads up on this movie.  I was actually thinking of going to see it by myself (I like going to the movies by myself, no one to please).

Now I can go see another one.  I respect all of you guy's opinions.

Esteemed Contributor

We're going to see it this week.   Love all things Holmes.  Two people I know liked it so to each his own. Thanks for the review. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

I was wondering about that movie.  I am a big fan of Sherlock Holmes, read every story as a kid.  I think I learned to read that way.  I even write British spelling because of it. I was so hoping this movie would be wonderful.  

Contributor

Thanks so much for the heads up Loves Roses.  I was planning on going to see this one, will try anything Holmes related.

Good to know, saves my time and $$!

Esteemed Contributor

We finally saw this movie.  It was a little slow moving but I liked it.  The young boy in it was so good.  I almost didn't recognize Laura Linney she looked so different from her Downton Abbey hosting!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Valued Contributor

My BFF and her husband saw it last week and loved it.   No complaints from them.  

Respected Contributor

We had another rainy day and from out of the blue DH said he would take me to the movie. Got to our seats with a large bucket of popcorn and had to sit through about a half dozen trailers. The sound was not painful and I was glad that the movie clips they used had no profanity or other gratuitous stuff that too many films have these days. Anyway I liked the story very much. Even DH said he liked it and was able to figure out all the story lines once it got moving. If you like the English productions on PBS, you should enjoy this also. The acting and photography is noteworthy. I will leave you with no spoilers.