Respected Contributor

Movie "1899" On Netflix

[ Edited ]

The movie "1899" has been on Netflix's top ten for awhile so I gave it a try. It is a limited series of 8 episodes.

-------

I knew it was different when "White Rabbit" was played in its entirety on the first episode.

------

Synopsis:

Immigrants on a steamship travelling from London to New York get caught up in a mysterious riddle after finding a second vessel adrift on the open sea.
------

It was completely different than anything I have seen. I am still trying to process the series after viewing all 8 episodes.

------

Has anyone watched the show?

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@Mersha, thanks for posting. Will give it a look. LM

Respected Contributor

@MershaDid you like it? Would you recommend it? Was it thoroughly engaging or slow? Characters you got invested in?

Just curious but I'll give it a look. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@MershaFollowing looking forward to your review - thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MershaDh and I have given it a chance but we are not thrilled with it.

Of course, I tend to fall asleep so I get lost about what is going on. LOL

We were going to continue the other night but we have kept it last to watch if we do continue.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Re: Movie "1899" On Netflix

[ Edited ]

@amybwrote:

@MershaDid you like it? Would you recommend it? Was it thoroughly engaging or slow? Characters you got invested in?

Just curious but I'll give it a look. Smiley Happy

@amyb@FastDogWalker2@Cakers3

I would not call this movie outstanding, you don't want to miss. I did find it interesting as it was quite a unique story.

------

The first episodes are a bit slow...I dozed off on some and had to go back and rewatch. I wanted to go on and see how the story finally ended. It did manage to hold my interest.

------

As the last 2 episodes unfold, things are twisting and turning in all sorts of ways. In the last few minutes of the final episode I did say "oh, wow."

------

Keep in mind it is listed as science fiction.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

I am not liking this much, slow,and what is with the bugs?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.