Respected Contributor

Movie--or is it actor?--review

Last night, out of sheer boredom, I watched a movie, "State Of Play" starring Ben Afflec.

It was ok; the story was pretty predictable and I was amused to watch Russel Crowe flip his hair around, and he's one of my favorite actors.

But Ben Afflec--HOW did that guy ever become a movie star? I've seen him in other movies and I swear he has only one facial expression, which is a scowl. Has he ever been in a comedy? I'd like to see if he can actually laugh or even crack a smile. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Movie--or is it actor?--review

Not a fan of Ben Affleck.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think he became a movie star because he's the Tall drk hair good looking guy who has a very talented friend named  Matt Damon .They cowrote " Good Will Hunting ".

Respected Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

I think he became a movie star because he's the Tall drk hair good looking guy who has a very talented friend named  Matt Damon .They cowrote " Good Will Hunting ".

Good point, except for the good-looking point. The movie I watched last night was released in 2009 or so and Ben looked very gaunt. Has he filled out a little since then?

Trusted Contributor

It's who you know and he's knows Matt.  When the two first started out, the money was on Ben to become the star because of his looks, BUT Matt is definitely better one.  

Esteemed Contributor

Ben is an excellent "Bruce Wayne/Batman". I also like him in a movie the"Accountant". 

Respected Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Good hair? That's got to be one of the worst toupes I've even seen. I worked Mc Donald's drive-thru for 7 years and I've seen a lot!

Trusted Contributor

I think I've seen most of his movies.. I never really saw him as that nice looking of a man

until he got a little older.. and filled out a bit !!

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Respected Contributor

I enjoyed his performances in "Argo" and "The Accountant."

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

I love Ben Affleck! He is gorgeous and talented. Argo was a great movie! The quieter style of acting is hard to pull off, but some do it well like Ben Affleck, Bruce Willis, and others.