Trusted Contributor

Last night on Showtime they aired the movie The Rental. I had on my amazon list for a long time. I just did not want to pay for it. I am glad I didn't. 

I watched the entire movie, I guess hoping it would get better. I do not want to give much away in case anyone wants to watch it.

The story had potential. I found the characters so unlikeable so much so that I did not care what happened to them. The ending leaves you hanging I think for a sequel.

Has anyone else seen this movie? If so what were your thoughts?     

Esteemed Contributor

Watched this movie. Agree, the  2 couples were  not likeable , so the typical story where  you have atleast one likeable  person in a horror film was not present. I was surprised how quicly they knocked off all the characters. At first I thought the drk haired lady was going to make it by faking her going over the edge but nope she was killed off.

The movie did give me the creeps when they showed the scenes of the family at the end of the movie. It made me think of renting a vacation home .

Agree, maybe they plan a sequel.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw that it was on showtime and DVRD it but  haven't watched it yet .   I guess neither of you felt it was very good .  I'm going to give it a chance but don't want to waste my time if its just ok.   It sounds so good from the summary I read .  I'll check it out when I get the chance.

Trusted Contributor

@skatting44   Thank you,I thought it was just me who did not like any of the characters. 

Honored Contributor

I have it on my DVR and will watch it .  I find some of today's horrors are mediocre and the people in them not likable.  However, I watch anyway because I am and have been a horror/SciFi fan since I was a young girl.  I do not watch blood and gore, that isn't for me and if this movie shows signs of that, I will either turn it off or hide my eyes!!!!!!!!

Super Contributor

@lenapecci 

Watched it last night.  The preview hype was better than the movie.  Nice to know I'm not alone re the ending.  I was going to watch it again to see if there was something I missed but decided it wasn't worth my time.  Loved the dog though--his real name is Chunk, Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Watched this movie. Agree, the  2 couples were  not likeable , so the typical story where  you have atleast one likeable  person in a horror film was not present. I was surprised how quicly they knocked off all the characters. At first I thought the drk haired lady was going to make it by faking her going over the edge but nope she was killed off.

The movie did give me the creeps when they showed the scenes of the family at the end of the movie. It made me think of renting a vacation home .

Agree, maybe they plan a sequel.

@skatting44   I thought the same thing,  I thought she faked it too , but no she died.  I watched it earlier and it was pretty much a waste of time .  Have seen movies with this same premise that were much better.  I actually didn't understand totally the ending .   And they never explined why this man was doing what he does.   I also wasn't crazy about any of the characters.