Esteemed Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:

I've seen this movie many times. It's one of those when I notice it's playing, I always leave it on.Smiley Happy

@Renata22-  me too! I saw it when it first came out and have watched it many times. I've probably watched every single Alan Alda movie from the beginning of his career. Love him to pieces!

I'm remembering Rita Moreno's line that she said throughout the movie. "I can't help it. I'm Italian!!!"

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

It also contains some very serious moments in it as well, not your typical comedy. 

Hi @Shelbelle! Yes the very serious moments were quite sad. That's why it was called a "dramedy." There were many of those types of movies back then. I also LOVED "Same Time, Next Year." I had to have watched that movie a hundred times, at least. I loved Johnny Mathis singing the theme song as well. It was absolutely perfect!

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I wil have to look for it On Demand, and watch it again. I just loved it! Two of the stars are no longer with us, Sandy Dennis, and the other guy who plays the Dentist and was also on Dirty Dancing. He had such a unique voice. I recognized his voice before him.....They both passed away so long agao already. 1992 and 1996. This is off of the topic, but I remember Jill Clayburgh passed away before she even knew what a hit Bridesmaids was.......I remember feeling so sad about that......Ok I am rambling now, but I could talk about movies all day!lol..

@CANDLEQUEEN- the dentist that played Rita Moreno's husband was Jack Weston. He did play Mr. Kellerman in Dirty Dancing. Good memory. Just wondering what Jill Clayburgh has to do with this topic?

Honored Contributor

Jack Weston was also in Palm Springs Weekend and Thomas Crown Affair, among other movies. Great character actor. 

Super Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@Renata22 wrote:

I've seen this movie many times. It's one of those when I notice it's playing, I always leave it on.Smiley Happy

@Renata22-  me too! I saw it when it first came out and have watched it many times. I've probably watched every single Alan Alda movie from the beginning of his career. Love him to pieces!

I'm remembering Rita Moreno's line that she said throughout the movie. "I can't help it. I'm Italian!!!"

@sunala  "throw up in my tote bag at 2 in the morning". I laugh everytime I think about that. Another classic line of hers.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

it is a dramedy.......love this movie and catch it anytime it is on.

everyone in it is excellent.

of course, the music is superb......vivaldi is one of my most favorite composers.

i have known one of the stars of the movie for a long time.....bess armstrong. we have mutual friends. Smiley Happy

hi @sunshine45 - how cool that you are friends with Bess Arnstrong! She was in one of my very favorite productions of Barefoot in the Park. She played Corie, and Richard Thomas played Paul, her newlywed husband. Barbara Barrie played her mother, and she was the funniest character of the movie. I swear, I literally rolled on the floor from her reaction to climbing up all those flights of stairs to their apartment. She was one of my favorite actresses. I was so happily surprised to hear she is still with us. I had heard she was very ill, but apparently she's hanging in there!

Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I wil have to look for it On Demand, and watch it again. I just loved it! Two of the stars are no longer with us, Sandy Dennis, and the other guy who plays the Dentist and was also on Dirty Dancing. He had such a unique voice. I recognized his voice before him.....They both passed away so long agao already. 1992 and 1996. This is off of the topic, but I remember Jill Clayburgh passed away before she even knew what a hit Bridesmaids was.......I remember feeling so sad about that......Ok I am rambling now, but I could talk about movies all day!lol..

@CANDLEQUEEN- the dentist that played Rita Moreno's husband was Jack Weston. He did play Mr. Kellerman in Dirty Dancing. Good memory. Just wondering what Jill Clayburgh has to do with this topic?

@sunala absolutely nothing! I was just rambling about movies I had seen recently where someone had passed away, and I remembered Bridesmaids where Jill played one of the girl's mother in the movie, and she dies before the movie came out........I was just rambling that's all!

Honored Contributor

I haven't watch it in over 10 years. Thanks for the reminder..I have to see it again.

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON . It was just on again Saturday night......It is so good.....

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle 

Wasn't Jack Weston also in Wait Until Dark?   Played the fake detective?