Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

The movie was good.  But the book that it was based on was even better.  The ending was altered and changed.  A type of censorship.  Someone must always be shown as punished if they commit a crime.  Because it's a child, she can't get away with it.  So in the film the child is punished by God (that's OK) when lighting strikes her.  In the book, the child is unpunished and her innocent mother dies. In the film, it's the opposite of real life.  Lots of times, the guilty go unpunished.  

The new updated version of the Bad Seed (called Baby Teeth) has a younger, smarter Rhoda.  She has a more hip name (Hanna...  and a smarter mom who knows what the little kid is up to.) She gets away with it too. If they make a film out of it, the little Tyke gets a career as a serial killer. 

@songbird . Wow I read not too long ago a book called Baby Teeth, about a young girl trying to torment and kill her mother. IT was very disturbing.......Interesting that this has the same exact name!  

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@songbird wrote:

The movie was good.  But the book that it was based on was even better.  The ending was altered and changed.  A type of censorship.  Someone must always be shown as punished if they commit a crime.  Because it's a child, she can't get away with it.  So in the film the child is punished by God (that's OK) when lighting strikes her.  In the book, the child is unpunished and her innocent mother dies. In the film, it's the opposite of real life.  Lots of times, the guilty go unpunished.  

The new updated version of the Bad Seed (called Baby Teeth) has a younger, smarter Rhoda.  She has a more hip name (Hanna...  and a smarter mom who knows what the little kid is up to.) She gets away with it too. If they make a film out of it, the little Tyke gets a career as a serial killer. 

@songbird . Wow I read not too long ago a book called Baby Teeth, about a young girl trying to torment and kill her mother. IT was very disturbing.......Interesting that this has the same exact name!  

Not a joke.  Same book.  Amazing.....

Respected Contributor

I love the original and haven't seen the remakes. Very thought provoking movie.