Honored Contributor

This movie is so well done.  The acting is amazing.  Although this movie is very disturbing I feel it is one of the best.  The scene when the mom of the boy who died is so well played.  It gets to me every time.  I watched it today.  I have watched it many times.  Patty Mccormick is outstanding as Rhoda.  Have any of you watched this movie?

Respected Contributor

I've seen this movie several times over the years. As you say, it is very disturbing and chilling to think a child could be so evil.

Honored Contributor

I've seen it. It's a creepy movie...very realistic unlike many others in this genre.

Honored Contributor

Re: Movie The Bad Seed

[ Edited ]

I saw the remake with Rob Lowe, but not the original.

Honored Contributor

Totally agree that Eileen Heckart, who played that poor bereaved mother, was so heart-breaking and so good.  She deservedly won an Oscar for that.

I always find Henry Jones' performance as the quirky janitor, "Leroy" to be creepily entertaining.  Really, the whole film is so absorbing from beginning to end.

Trusted Contributor

I've seen this movie many many times.

I saw the remake also - doesn't even compare, IMO.

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

I've seen this movie many many times.

I saw the remake also - doesn't even compare, IMO.

@yellowrose   I'm not surprised at your comment.   It's one reason I didn't see it.  I rarely like remakes.

Esteemed Contributor

When the original version came out, I was about Patti McCormack's age; my parents wouldn't allow me to see it.  I have seen it several times in the intervening years.  It's a really good movir.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919  Oh yes, I have seen it a few times.  The first time I saw it,  I wanted to jump in the screen and ring that little girl's neck (exaggerating) but that is when you know she played her part well.  The boy's mother drunk acted well and, of course, Rhoda's mother who had a hard time dealing with her naughty daughter.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

My older sister use to taunt me and after that movie came out ( I was about the same age as Rhoda in the movie at the time) She called me the bad seed.....and I better look out for lightening.  My Mother would tell her to stop! But she did not of course!😄

Oh sibling rivalry!  Such memories!