Esteemed Contributor

This is a new release available on Netflix which is about the capture and trial of Adolph Eichmann.  I thought it was well done.  LM

Trusted Contributor

@Lilysmom - I saw this movie as well and thought it was excellent.  DH really liked it too.

Esteemed Contributor

Good movie

Super Contributor

I saw this movie at the theater last week.

I read the book that it is based on and although it was non-fiction, the book read like a thriller. "Hunting Eichmann:  How a Band of Survivors and a Young Spy Agency Chased Down the World's Most Notorious Nazi" by Neal Bascomb.  I couldn't put it down and I think I read it in 2 evenings.

The movie was well done.  The set decoration really made you feel like you were in the lat 50's/early 60's.  The guy who played the main Jewish agent running the operation is a clone of George Clooney so every time the guy (actor Oscar Isaac) was on the screen it was a bit distracting.

The movie was very, very true to what really happened.  What I didn't like about the movie was that it was mainly focused on Adolph Eichmann's character and the sparing between him and actor Oscar Isaac when they had Eichmann in captivity in Argentina before transporting him to Israel for his trial. 

I thought the movie would be more focused on how the Jewish agents tracked Eichmann down.  Also, being a Hollywood movie, it did take liberties and created some scenarios.

Overall, I would recommend this movie as a good history lesson and to keep alive the history of the Holocaust.