Trusted Contributor

I watched a movie titled Mr Church on one of our movie channels, sorry can not remember which one.  It was a real golden nugget. I was so surprised to see Eddie Murphy playing a serious role.  He has talent far beyond the comedic characters I have always seen him play. It is well worth watching. Husband loved it too.  I think it was made in 2016, never heard about it. Finally a decent movie that tells a story. I wish to see him in more roles like this.

Honored Contributor

Re: Movie Mr. Church

[ Edited ]

@webbgarner1 -

That does sound really good. I saw the trailer and read some about it,the author and Eddie Murphy taking the part of this movie which is based on a true story. And it seems it is streaming free on you tube and Amazon.

Thanks for posting about it!

eta-

I just finished watching it. It was a very good movie and Eddie Murpphy was excellent. I never felt like I was watching Eddie Murphy but watching Mr. Church. And that is a good actor!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

it's a wonderful movie. i saw it a several years ago. not sure which channel, i think it was amazon.