Esteemed Contributor

I like Matt Damon but this recent release was a real bomb for us.  To being with, we live here in L.A. where a number of folks we are acquainted with work for NASA JPL.  The professionals don't go around behaving like a juvenile or using dialect like they are in their early teens.  Bad lines and just a general overall bad flick.  We left early.  Oh, the film was very PC as if you would need to be in outer space or on Mars). 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Re: Movie Bomb - The Martian

I saw it yesterday afternoon and thought it was great.

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I like Matt Damon but this recent release was a real bomb for us.  To being with, we live here in L.A. where a number of folks we are acquainted with work for NASA JPL.  The professionals don't go around behaving like a juvenile or using dialect like they are in their early teens.  Bad lines and just a general overall bad flick.  We left early.  Oh, the film was very PC as if you would need to be in outer space or on Mars). 

Well bum me out @Puzzle Piece, LOL!

I thought I wanted to see that one, but I guess not!

Thank you for your review though, you saved me a fortune on the most expensive Cokes and popcorn on the planet, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

The reviews have been good and I thought we'd go see it if we get a chance.

What do you mean by your PC comment, @Puzzle Piece?  Something about global warming?  

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Well bum me out @Puzzle Piece, LOL!

I thought I wanted to see that one, but I guess not!

Thank you for your review though, you saved me a fortune on the most expensive Cokes and popcorn on the planet, LOL!

^^^ those little emochies are so cute!!!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks!  I had a feeling  this one wasn't my cup of tea.  Plot about a stranded person surviving and harvesting the land has never stirred my juices.  I do want to see The Walk and the Emily Blunt flick.  Also Goodnight Mommy.

Respected Contributor

I like Matt too but I don't  have a good feeling about this. Guess I'll find out soon. 

Esteemed Contributor

We are debating going to see it. I am not really a fan of Matts but thought it looked interesting. I guess not.

I still want to see Everest and Black Mass too. And soon the Walk comes out here. We are behind in movie going. Last week we did get to see Intern which we absolutely loved!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Several sources have panned it.   "Very predicable...no suspense".

My plant-based forums are really excited he survived on potatoes. Hee

Respected Contributor

I haven't seen it. ..I'll probably wait until it comes out On Demand. ....why is it PC?

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero