Esteemed Contributor

Re: Movie American Sniper

[ Edited ]

After seeing this movie ,I now can understand my son-in-law,who served on the front lines!

Valued Contributor

I saw American Sniper. It was an intense movie and I found myself holding my breath at times. I thought about the movie for weeks after watching. I do agree with everything you said @SeaMaiden. It is a must see. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Valued Contributor

@software I had nightmares for weeks after watching Lone Survivor. However I am still happy I watched it. Another good movie everyone should see IMO is “13 Hours - The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi”. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

It’s a movie, not a documentary.

I would guess if the Public was given the real story

without a grandiose soundtrack & fadeaways,

it would elicit a much different response. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

It’s a movie, not a documentary.

I would guess if the Public was given the real story

without a grandiose soundtrack & fadeaways,

it would elicit a much different response. 

@sidsmom  This is what they called the movie American Sniper "A BioPic"

A biographical film, or biopic (/ˈbaɪoʊpɪk/; abbreviation for biographical motion picture), is a film that dramatizes the life of a non-fictional or historically-based person or people. Such films show the life of a historical person and the central character's real name is used.

Honored Contributor

@SandPiper wrote:

@software I had nightmares for weeks after watching Lone Survivor. However I am still happy I watched it. Another good movie everyone should see IMO is “13 Hours - The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi”. 

I've seen 13 Hours many times, another excellent movie.

Getting close to Veteran's Day the cable channels will probably carry many "war" movies.   I'll get to see them all again.

I also like Zero Dark Thirty, Jessica Chastain was incredible in it.

Honored Contributor

And of the biopics are loosely based on the actual life/event.

Most current is the Bobby Riggs & Billie Jean King movie.

Hollywood takes lots of liberties to make it marketable to the Public.  

‘American Sniper’ has taken those same liberties. There’s a good

Rolling Stone article (Jan/2015) about the film.

Trusted Contributor

I've seen all the movies mentioned. Another good one was Hacksaw Ridge. True story. And what about Unbroken. Another true story. These all disturbed me, which is what I expect. These are not pleasant stories. 

Honored Contributor

Anyone here see Full Metal Jacket? I always found it creepy. My husband has watched it multiple times.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Movie American Sniper

[ Edited ]

@colliemom4  Regarding Full Metal Jacket-- I may have seen it but don't remember for sure. My husband was in the military and he usually has seen a lot of these.