Honored Contributor

Re: Most Exciting Jeopardy in Many Weeks!

@AuntG   right.  Most winners have short stays.  Isn't that why we make a big deal out of those who manage to win repeatedly?

Matt displayed an incredibly wide and deep knowledge for someone so young. In addition, he was a super gamer, in some ways a ruthless one.  One winning trait was his self discipline-  he had the nerve to click in almost before he could get the answer into focus to be able to voice it.  He had control of the board more often that way and the few times he answered incorrectly didn't harm him much at all.  

Honored Contributor

@Scooty Gotcha! I wasn't either. Didn't mean my post to sound as if I was.

Respected Contributor

I didn't find it xciting, I found it unbelievable.  When he started to get himself into a hole and he wasn't able to get any of the DD's, he just couldn't crawl out to save himself.  I felt very let down and sorta depressed.  He didn't even get Final Jeopardy correct which was a shocker because he is Mr. History/Geography.  Oh well, he had a nice run and now he can get on with real life.  Woman Sad

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Washington Post has article about this.

Matt said that he had just won 15 games in 3 days taping and it was exhusting. They took a 2 week break. The return was today's show. 

He said he felt out of sorts (my words) and could not get the buzzer rhythm. 

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

Washington Post has article about this.

Matt said that he had just won 15 games in 3 days taping and it was exhusting. They took a 2 week break. The return was today's show. 

He said he felt out of sorts (my words) and could not get the buzzer rhythm. 

@granddi  He did seem out of sorts to me. He wasn’t himself and did seem to be out of it. He had a fantastic run!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The lady kept pointing to the board or raising her hand whenever she'd choose a category. It was irritating.

Respected Contributor

Matt is a human and not a robot although he seemed that way at times.  It was an exciting game to watch.  Both of the other contestants handled themselves well.  I don't think we will see a repeat of Matt's performance for quite a while.

Respected Contributor

I am surprised that Matt got the final Jeopardy answer wrong.  I thought it was rather easy.  However, even if he got the answer right and wagered all his money, he still would have lost.  I think he looked rather disappointed as he was losing the game. 

Respected Contributor

@Scooty wrote:

To me it seemed like it was planned beforehand.  

I am tempted to agree ... the knowledge he had on previous

games .. it just seems weird he would lose so easily ....

Missing .. Poland ... Really ????

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I won't miss him, I am so ready to move on. Why did he lose? I don't have a clue but I liked both of the other contestants.