Honored Contributor

Re: 😳 More news about Wendy Willliams 😳

@chickenbutt wrote:

@meem120 wrote:

So sad she has to go through all of this publicly.  I wonder who is taking advantage of her situation?  I read an article yesterday and they were saying perhaps she has early onset dementia.  I hope that isnt the case but she really needs someone she can truly trust to do the right thing and take care of her.

I 'know' nothing, so this is pure speculation - 

I wonder, since they say she's having some mental break problems, if she is buying into scams or something like that and the bank is seeing the money go to illegitimate sources and that's why they have done this.

I never knew a bank could/would do that but if it really is that somebody is getting into her account illegitimately or something like that, maybe they are doing her right.

@chickenbutt 

i was thinking the exact same thing..... perhaps there has been

some unusual activity on her account and they cannot determine whether or not the transactions are legitimate.

i hope she has a good lawyer, good manager, and good healthcare providers that represent her and her best interests! wishing her well and hoping she is not being taken advantage of.......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@GusMo wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

who cares can't stand her

What a mean, nasty thing to say!

@GusMo 

You obviously have not seen or read the many nasty, hateful things Wendy had said about others over many years.

She should have been 'cancelled' a long time ago. I'd never watch her show or read any article about her, once I found out how hateful and demeaning she is in her statements about others.

Personally, I would strongly suggest that she needs a psych evaluation and a meds review.

I have read about her. But I don't feel the need to be unkind. 

Respected Contributor

It has been said that her financial adviser has called the bank and was very concerned as well as a number of her friends,  I do not know the types of accounts she has at Wells Fargo and if the Bank has a fiduciary responsibility depending upon the accounts she has.  I would not be so quick to judge since a minimum amount of information has been made public. 

Esteemed Contributor

Wendy Williams has been in the "Shock Jock" game for a long time.  After college she started out on a Philly radio station.  Her luck changed and she landed a coveted spot in New York's urban market with the Wendy Williams show.  She talked junk then too.  She is doing her job, much like that other shock jock on Sirius XM Radio.  

Wendy had the infamous discussion with Whitney live on radio after Whitney's interview with Katie Couric when she said "CRACK is WACK."  Whitney ripped her new one about being up in her business.

Wendy's persona and show has always been other people's business.  Good, bad or indifferent.  That's what made her famous.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

It's not like any of us knows what's really going on but my guess there's a lot going on behind all of this.

Last week my friend and I had an interesting conversation somewhat similar to what's going on here....a little similar.

A friend of her's is going through a divorce. She asked me what I thought she could tell her friend to do to protect herself.  

She knew when my daughter got divorced I had my will totally re-written to assure that there was no way my ex-son in law would ever be able to touch my daughter's inheritance.

That could happen if I died and my daughter died, her inheritance would go to my grandchildren (who are still young).

He would raise the children and he'd manage their inheritance from their mother.

I made that will totally air tight so he'd never touch the money. I appointed a manager until they are 21.  The manager would deal directly with them.  They'd have money for college, etc.

So finally getting back to Wendy.  Someone in her family is behind the scenes (right or wrong) feeling like someone is taking advantage of Wendy.

She might have medical conditions or taking medicine where her brain isn't up to par to navigate through society today.

I'm not a lawyer and this is all a guess.

It sounds a little (a little) like what went on with Brittany Spears.

I find it hard to believe a bank could (on it's on) keep someone from his or her money.

One thing I've learned from what's going on in the country today is the law, right and wrong, is being thrown out the window.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset

Her "real" radio job started in New York not PHilly.  She came to Philly after Puff Daddy got her fired & banned from all NYC radio stations.

I've been a fan of WW since the very beginning.  Back then she was known as the black Rona Barret, Hedda Harper & Cindy Adams.  I believe WW & Rona Barret were or still are very good friends.  I believe Rona gave her some helpful "gossip" tips (sure didn't help w/the Puff Dady fiascoSmiley LOL).

The "hoodrat" came out w/Whitney. Smiley LOL I still remember that radio segment when WH called WW.

You DO NOT mess with>> 17bryf0v13at1gif.gif

giphy copy.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@gertrudecloset

Her "real" radio job started in New York not PHilly.  She came to Philly after Puff Daddy got her fired & banned from all NYC radio stations.

I've been a fan of WW since the very beginning.  Back then she was known as the black Rona Barret, Hedda Harper & Cindy Adams.  I believe WW & Rona Barret were or still are very good friends.  I believe Rona gave her some helpful "gossip" tips (sure didn't help w/the Puff Dady fiascoSmiley LOL).

The "hoodrat" came out w/Whitney. Smiley LOL I still remember that radio segment when WH called WW.

You DO NOT mess with>> 17bryf0v13at1gif.gif

giphy copy.gif

@Mz iMac 

After college, Williams bounced around as she tried to make it in radio. Her first on-air job took her to a station in St. Croix, in the Virgin Islands. Then it was on to New York, where she eventually got fired for not exactly sticking to the station's script. "It's been mostly, 'Read these liners, and play the hits' and 'You're saying too much' and 'Shut the hell up,'" Williams has said of her radio career.

After New York, Williams moved to Philadelphia, where she worked for three years before returning to Manhattan for a job at WBLS. There, Williams demonstrated that she didn't need to spin lot of records to draw big ratings. Instead, The Wendy Williams Experience delved deep into her own personal life, touching difficult subjects like her past struggles with drug addiction, her plastic surgeries and the hardships of trying to conceive.

'The Queen of All Media'

Modeling her style after shock-jock Howard Stern â€” even dubbing herself "The Queen of All Media" in homage to Stern's title "King of All Media" — Williams proved unafraid to weigh in on the lives of her listeners, who numbered around 12 million. For those who called in, Wendy offered up advice and tough love.

https://www.biography.com/media-figure/wendy-williams

We are both right.  She had the Manhattan market twice.  Here is where she stayed after leaving radio then moved on to her television show.

I really have to stop looking a wiki pages.  They are not reliable.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life