Trusted Contributor

More coming New Series on PBS

While watching Flesh and Blood on Masterpiece, there were announcements of several new upcoming series with no mention of release date,

Miss Scarlet and the Duke

All Creatures Great and Small

Elizabeth is Missing

By the way, I really enjoyed Flesh and Blood and it had a bit of a surprise ending.  Have not been able to determine if this was just a miniseries or continuing seasonal show.  Have to do research.

I made myself note to keep watching for release date of the above 3 shows.

Respected Contributor

Re: More coming New Series on PBS

[ Edited ]

@LogoFan: I enjoyed "Flesh and Blood" as well. I don't know if there's a second season but I sure would like to know what happened after Mark regained consciousness.  

According to the PBS website: "Elizabeth Is Missing"  begins Sunday, January 3, 2021 and "Creatures Great and Small" starts Sunday, January 10, 2021. So far, there's no info on "Miss Scarlet and The Duke."

Trusted Contributor

@LogoFan     Thanks for the info!  I love the programs on Masterpiece. They are so well written, beautifully acted and IMO, much better than the shows we have on American TV.  All Creatures Great and Small, I think, was aired on Masterpiece about 10 years ago. I wonder if this version of it is a more updated one.  Looking forward to these shows. 

Respected Contributor

"Flesh and Blood:"  just 4 episodes are in the series.  On other posts many of us remarked we liked it and would like it to continue.  There certainly are a lot of storylines; there could logically be a Season 2.  

Honored Contributor

@sophiesofers wrote:

@LogoFan     Thanks for the info!  I love the programs on Masterpiece. They are so well written, beautifully acted and IMO, much better than the shows we have on American TV.  All Creatures Great and Small, I think, was aired on Masterpiece about 10 years ago. I wonder if this version of it is a more updated one.  Looking forward to these shows. 

all Creatures is a reboot of the 70's series

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't wait for the remake of All Creatures Great and Small.

I loved the original series, which aired from 1978 until 1990.

I have it on VHS.

The new series starts in January. 

Super Contributor

I loved Flesh and BLood....I am watching The Trouble with Maggie Cole...highly recommend !

Trusted Contributor

I too would like to find out what happens after Mark regains consciousness.

Thanks for the air dates shown here for a few of the new series.  I will mark my calendar to program my DVR to record them.  I like to wait until there are at least 2-3 episodes to view at one tme.

I did look on line regarding Flesh and Blood and it appears there will be more.  What I saw was kind of vague.  Would definitely watch if it happens to come back for a new season.

Trusted Contributor

@withaK wrote:

I loved Flesh and BLood....I am watching The Trouble with Maggie Cole...highly recommend !

I missed quite a few episodes of this one so I am waiting to see if they will be repeated from episode 1.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Honored Contributor

Hoping for the best. Recent Masterpiece offerings haven't been, well, exactly masterpieces... Far too many didn't catch on and weren't picked up, often for good reason, but leaving audiences hanging. The production values have tended to be top notch, if not the story telling. I was glad to read that apparently Vienna Blood will have a second 'series' though these 'series' comprised of such few episodes are sort of frustrating. Miss Scarlett and the Duke sounds interesting. Not so sure of the others. Maggie Cole has its moments. Overall, I didn't care for Flesh and Blood, though the cliffhanger was a good one.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...