Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: More Tragedy For Lisa Vanderpump

Thanks for info.

Esteemed Contributor

"Remember when Lisa didn't like the sympathy note she rec'd from Erika when her brother died?" @countrylady 

This is what I remember. The group was on their first trip of the season and sitting at the table for dinner. Rinna decided that this would be the perfect opportunity to get anything that might be weighing on anyone out into the open, a chance to clear the air if you will, and LVP was designated to go first. 

What she said to Erika was not "I didn't like the note you sent." What she did say (paraphrased) was that she thought the two of them had grown  closer recently and she felt a little hurt that Erika didn't reach out with something more personal like a phone call. She never belittled the note (and if I recall there were flowers) she simply wanted her to know she would have liked to have heard from her. This isn't a criticism of countrylady's recollection, but imo, there's a big difference in saying I didn't like your note and I wish you had reached out to me on a personal level. 

Now, you all know I love the Queen of BH, but I will say that in retrospect something like that might better have been addressed one on one. Erika, who never wants to look as if she's done anything wrong, rather than saying something comforting like "I'm sorry, I should have reached out" or even "I though it would be better to give you some time" became instantly enraged as she often does when questioned about anything. 

I do wonder, though, how much of that was real and how much staged for maximun dramatic effect. If we are to believe the cast nothing is scripted so, yeah, I'm tempted to believe it was staged, lol. Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom , I agree with you 100% (okay, maybe 99% because how can I be completely sure?) but let's just say I'd be willing to make a substantial wager that Rinna knew exactly what she was doing when she posted that pill encrusted cupcake for LVP's birthday. It's certainly not beneath her considering her past behavior. 

Not only do I believe she knew, I think she already had her denial ready, and here is why I feel that way. First of all, there's no way someone like Rinna--a woman who stalks people online like a hyena looking for its prey--didn't know LVP's brother died of an overdose 5 months after it happened. Absolutely no way. 

Second, her excuse. "LVP never reached out to tell me" is a thinly veiled deflection implying it was LVP's own fault because she hadn't contacted Rinna to let her know. Not, "I hadn't reached out to LVP" but LVP didn't inform me. Seriously? Who calls people to say their brother commited suicide by overdose especially when it's all over social media? 

Okay, I just convinced myself. I'm back to 100%!

Trusted Contributor

Oh my, I didn't know her brother committed suicide. And now losing her mother as well...

Esteemed Contributor

I read that Andy Cohen didn't even send his condolences to her. I have never liked him. There was always something about his character that seemed so fake. I will never understand how he became so successful. I feel sorry for LVP, she has had a rough year.

Honored Contributor

@elated 

I just read an article that Andy Cohen did in fact reach out to LVP with his condolences, he did it personally, rather than on social media.

As it should be IMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

@countrylady wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear about Lisa's Mom.

I've never heard Lisa mention her.   A private person...

Does Lisa have any other brothers and/or sisters?

I've wondered where Lisa and Ken's wealth comes from...Lisa or Ken?

I, too, wonder if the other ladies will reach-out to Lisa.

Remember when Lisa didn't like the sympathy note she rec'd from Erika when her brother died?

@countrylady 

I had the same question.  I think that any expression of sympathy should be accepted graciously. LVP's reaction to Erika's note was certainly not appropriate.

LVP certainly has had a difficult year. Losing a mother is especially difficult.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@countrylady wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear about Lisa's Mom.

I've never heard Lisa mention her.   A private person...

Does Lisa have any other brothers and/or sisters?

I've wondered where Lisa and Ken's wealth comes from...Lisa or Ken?

I, too, wonder if the other ladies will reach-out to Lisa.

Remember when Lisa didn't like the sympathy note she rec'd from Erika when her brother died?

@countrylady  When her brother passed away I read that both her parents were still alive which surprised me because we never hear about them. Her brother was her only sibling. I believe Todd is the one that the wealth originated with because Lisa met him in a bar he owned and they wed shortly afterwards.

@colliemom4   Who is Todd, lol, did you mean Ken?