Honored Contributor

More Tragedy For Lisa Vanderpump

"Lisa Vanderpump has temporarily stepped away from filming the hit reality show Vanderpump Rules as she grieves for her mother Jean Vanderpump, who died unexpectedly on Monday in England, DailyMail.com has learned. 

A source close to Lisa, 58, told DailyMail.com: ‘This has hit Lisa very hard and she is shocked by her mother’s sudden death.’  

The tragic news follows Lisa's decision to leave The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills franchise after falling out with her cast mates during a difficult season.

Jean Vanderpump, 84, was close to her daughter but lived her life out of the public eye. 

‘Lisa has not had an easy past 14 months. In April of 2018 her brother Mark committed suicide rocking her family to its core,' continued the insider. 

‘She then had to deal with a tumultuous season on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills which ultimately led to her stopping filming and eventually quitting the show as she was tired of being bullied by the other cast members. 

‘One thing is for sure with Lisa though, she’s as strong as they come and once she has worked through her grief she will be back running her restaurant empire, focusing on her philanthropic endeavors and filming Vanderpump Rules,’ the source added.

Lisa is expected to fly to London in the coming week to arrange her mother’s funeral. 

A representative for Lisa confirmed her mother’s passing to DailyMail.com but said

that she was too upset to comment at this time.

Earlier this month, the entrepreneur admitted to DailyMailTV exclusively that she will not be returning to the popular RHOBH franchise after nine seasons

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7163199/Lisa-Vanderpump-stops-filming-Vanderpump-Rules...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: More Tragedy For Lisa Vanderpump

Sorry to hear that. That is a lot of loss in a short time. 🙁

Respected Contributor

It has been a tough year for LVP, first losing her brother to suicide and now her Mom.  She's probably also lost a dog or two, can't remember exactly when that was.  But this is life.  You have the highs and the lows. 

I miss her on RHOBH - I still watch the show but feel like it's missing something.  She was one of the originals and with her gone it's just not quite the same.

I do hope her husband Ken is doing well.  He is much older than Lisa and I hope his health is good.  Sorry for the sudden loss of her Mom.  Hope the other HW's reach out to her at this time.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't watch RHOBH since Lisa is longer on, but I'm willing to bet that the other hateful Hosewives won't find any compassion for Lisa, even considering this.

Don't forget that the reprehensible Lisa Rinna posted a picture of a cupcake with 'pills' on it on social media for Lisa Vanderpump's birthday, not long after Lisa V's brother died from a drug overdose.

A VERY, VERY hateful thing to do, IMO.

I have ZERO respect for Rinna for that and many other reasons, JMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Reprehensible Rinna. I like it, @KingstonsMom.  It has a certain ring to it. Woman Wink

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm no Lisa Rinna fan but I don't think the picture of the cupcake with the pills was meant in anyway as a slam to LVP's brother's death.

Rinna had been accused of pill popping on the show and she does carry around a baggy of them.  It became sort of a joke on the show.  I think that's what the cupcake/pill photo was.  

Insensitive yes but I don't think she did it on purpose to be mean.  

Honored Contributor

I'm so tired of this.  they are not friends.  This is a TV show.  They applied and were chosen to be "friends" to each other.  Most of them barely knew each other before.  They socialize only because the TV show tells them too.  They only see each other during filming. The drama is contrived by writers.  The actors just ad lib their way though.  So what if they insult or "hurt" each other?  It means nothing to them.  Lisa VP had enough with the show.  She's leaving without a back glance.  Not a big deal.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm no Lisa Rinna fan but I don't think the picture of the cupcake with the pills was meant in anyway as a slam to LVP's brother's death.

Rinna had been accused of pill popping on the show and she does carry around a baggy of them.  It became sort of a joke on the show.  I think that's what the cupcake/pill photo was.  

Insensitive yes but I don't think she did it on purpose to be mean.

Yes, everyone who watches the show is familiar with Lisa Rinna and her bag of pills, but why would you post such a thing to someone who had just lost a family member to a drug overdose????

I call BS that she didn't do it on purpose to be hateful and mean, nobody is that stupid, even her.

Valued Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear about Lisa's Mom.

I've never heard Lisa mention her.   A private person...

Does Lisa have any other brothers and/or sisters?

I've wondered where Lisa and Ken's wealth comes from...Lisa or Ken?

I, too, wonder if the other ladies will reach-out to Lisa.

Remember when Lisa didn't like the sympathy note she rec'd from Erika when her brother died?

Honored Contributor

@countrylady wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear about Lisa's Mom.

I've never heard Lisa mention her.   A private person...

Does Lisa have any other brothers and/or sisters?

I've wondered where Lisa and Ken's wealth comes from...Lisa or Ken?

I, too, wonder if the other ladies will reach-out to Lisa.

Remember when Lisa didn't like the sympathy note she rec'd from Erika when her brother died?

@countrylady  When her brother passed away I read that both her parents were still alive which surprised me because we never hear about them. Her brother was her only sibling. I believe Todd is the one that the wealth originated with because Lisa met him in a bar he owned and they wed shortly afterwards.