Honored Contributor

More Than Love:An Intimate Portrait Of My Mother, Natalie Wood

This documentary airs on HBO, Tuesday May 5 at 9:00. It's produced by Natalie's daughter Natasha Gregson Wagner. Highlights include never before seen home movies, interviews with friends such as Mia Farrow and costars like Robert Redford (who owes his movie career to Natalie).  This will probably be a love letter to Natalie. I read Natalie worked from the age of 4, she had a mother that pushed her. Natalie always wanted a family, she passed on Hart To Hart to take care of her children.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: More Than Love:An Intimate Portrait Of My Mother, Natalie Wood

I wish we had HBO.  I would love to see that.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Jordan2 ...It is good to see you! Woman Happy

Thanks for the heads-up...All set to record...When I checked, it came up under the title.. "Natalie Wood:..What Remains Behind".

"More Than Love....." is a memoir written by her daughter, Natasha...I'm going to order that also from Barnes & Noble.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

Natalie Wood: What Remains Behind on HBO

[ Edited ]

thank you for the reminder!

there is a short preview available on on demand right now.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/arts-and-culture/a25587510/natalie-wood-what-remains-behin...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

People online has an article about this and states Gregson is a staunch defender of her father having nothing to do with Natalie's death. She asks him about the death in the documentary.
Honored Contributor

Re: Natalie Wood: What Remains Behind on HBO

@Pearlee 

i dont blame her.....

i dont think he did it either.

i do think it was a horrible, tragic accident.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I watched this last night and thought it was very good. Gosh R.J. looks terrific for his age ( 90 I think) and still seems to have all his wits about him. I thought he was very believable about the night Natalie died. The one thing I wished was that his daughter hadn't coached him a little (although perhaps he does have some memory loss after all; still I wish she hadn't prompted him where she did and would have just let him pause and continue).

Seeing all the home movies and the interviews were great. The daughter that was R. J. And Natalie's -- Courtney -- really looked like a combo of both of them but most definitely had Natalie's eyes. The daughter who made the doc looked just like Natalie's mother.

One thing about the night she drown nags at me though from what R.J. said. He was fighting with Chris Walken that night --about Natalie-- when she went below deck to bed. He was honest about that. Then later in the account after Natalie was found, R.J. said "Walken was a real stand-up guy, a real gentleman." I really did wonder why he said that about Walken esp since they'd had a huge argument that night. What did he mean, why was Walken a stand up guy?

What was clear to me was that Wagner and Wood really loved each other and were "made for" each other and that Wagner still loves her.
Interesting too to hear from Jill St John how she and Wagner got together and fell in love after Wood's death. (St John must have a terrific plastic surgeon).
Honored Contributor

I watched last night. I am surprised that Natasha asked her father about her mother's death. Maybe she wanted to give him the opportunity to kind of clear his name (I am sure there are some who think he was somehow involved). The coupling of Natalie and Warren Beatty was cleared up. I was under the impression they had an affair during Splendor In The Grass and that caused the breakup between Natalie and RJ.

Honored Contributor

I so wish I could see this.  I loved Natalie Wood.  I hope it will come to Netflix.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack. If it doesn't your library may eventually get a copy to check out. I though it was all really interesting and I'm not particularly a fan except I thought she was terrific in Miracle on 34th St. Also it was interesting to see how she got into show biz at age 5.