Super Contributor

Re: More Than Love:An Intimate Portrait Of My Mother, Natalie Wood

I watched the documentary last night and thought it was excellent. Natalie Wood was one of my mother's favorite actresses and she loved Robert Wagner. I thought Courtney Wagner and Natasha Gregson Wagner looked a great deal like Natalie. I didn't realize it was rainy stormy weather and maybe they shouldn't have been on the boat. Natalie spent the night before her death on shore due to rocky seas. I think it was a tragic accident. RJ seemed to adore her and was devastated by her death. Natalie' s mother was portraited as a real piece of work. I could not believe she told a good friend that Natalie would still be alive if he had gone boating that weekend. Another friend still feels guilty that she didn't attend because of a family birthday. Excellent documentary and I am glad I watched.

Respected Contributor

I wish I had HBO!  I would have loved to see it.  Natasha has come out with a book as well.

I, too, was under the impression that Natalie Wood and Warren Beatty started their affair during filming of Splendor.

I never believed that Wagner was involved in her death.  I believe there was a lot of heavy drinking that night by everyone.  I do believe it was accidental.

@Pearlee I was thinking about your comment about Walken and Wagner saying that he was a stand up guy.  Maybe because Walken refuses to make any kind of public statement regarding that night.  Walken's statement to the police of what happened that evening has never been leaked.

I am not a fan of Lana Wood at all but her later life has been tragic, the loss of her daughter, homeless, moneyless and raising her grandchildren.  Her accusations against Wagner are bothersome to me but apparently they are addressed in the HBO special.

My heart goes out to both her daughters, to lose their mother at such a young age and so tragically.

Honored Contributor

@Somertime, yeah that is definitely a possible explanation for the stand-up guy comment. But another one is that Walken went along with a coverup all these years as to what really happened. That's why I wished Wagner had elaborated more. But as I wrote earlier, I believed Wagner last night (although keeping in mind he is an actor).

Natalie's daughters said they rarely saw Lana and she wasn't close to the family. I don't think they think very well of her since they are convinced their father had nothing to do with their mither's death.
Honored Contributor

Re: Natalie Wood: What Remains Behind on HBO

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Pearlee 

i dont blame her.....

i dont think he did it either.

i do think it was a horrible, tragic accident.

Same here. And it was printed in the paper that her nightgown dragged her down.

Super Contributor

Re: Natalie Wood: What Remains Behind on HBO

Several have expressed that they wished they had HBO. If you have a Roku or Firestck, you can download the HBO app. The free trial is usually 7 days, then you can cancel. I did that with CBS Access. I kept for a month and then cancelled. I didn't find enough content to continue with the service. I would have cancelled after the free trial but didn't keep up with the date to cancel.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

The other Natalie W thread
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee 

LOL isn't she the lucky one that she got Robert Wagner to give her the only interview since the reopening he's ever given to anyone.

No one will ever know what really happened, but that it was a violent night is a fact, and was witnessed even by strangers at a restaurant. The principals in the death were pie-eyed, and no one remembers .That is the rub--and the roadblock to any prosecution in this case. What her children, young then, and now adults, happen to think now, is irrelevant.

About the documentary, NGW said that she feels that her mother's death was an accident, and hopes that the documentary will "put an end" to suspicion surrounding RW.

That won't be happening. There will still be those who think that a night of documented violent arguing, continued on that boat and ended with RW throwing her overboard.

That will always be the asterisk next to his name.

What worries you masters you.