Super Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl wrote:

My all time favorite movie.

Reminds me of the Italian side of my family so much.

Thanks for posting.

Lol , same , especially the bad luck part 

Honored Contributor

As other posters said, this movie brings back memories of my Sicilian side !  Moonstruck is one of my favorite movies which I can watch all the time and if I catch it at any point in the movie will watch too.  Great cast and I love the NY environment!!!  

Honored Contributor

I love that movie and have seen it many times, although I'm not a fan of Cher or the male lead.

Respected Contributor

I like the when Loretta is making "Toad in the hole eggs" , And when they woke the Mother and she says " Who died'. THat was like that in my family until I told them to stop calling in the middle of the night when someone died. I told my Aunt that would do that, she would call hang-up and do that 3 or more times until you would answer, this is 2-3 a.m. Finally when I was about 11 , I told her to stop it and that they wouldn't be anymore dead if it waited until at least 10:00 a.m. And then after us kids were woke up we still had to school. Just nuts. Also when lLoretta's Dad was ASKED why he was still awake when she came home and he was still awake he said, " I don't sleep it's to much like death.

Trusted Contributor

I have had this movie for many years and watch it many times. Last Thursday hubby and I went to see Andrea Bocelli and during the concert another female opera singer came out and started singing and guess what they sang. The same opera in Moonstruck. I was so excited. 

My hubby said that sounds familiar. 

Trusted Contributor

"Snap Out of It"! Heart

Honored Contributor

sweetee2

In or around 1959, Della Reese (one of my favorite singers) had a big hit called Don't You Know.  I loved that song and still do.  When Moonstruck came out , that song was throughout the movie.  My brother told me Don't YOu Know came from an opera which I didn't know. I love Moonstruck and that song only made it even better!

Respected Contributor

Cher and Olympia Dukakis deserved their oscars.  Moonstruck is a very charming, entertaining movie.

Respected Contributor

Loved this movie. I understand Italian quite well. Always spoken at home. Made it even funnier for me.

Respected Contributor

Re: Moonstruck...

[ Edited ]

I own the DVD, but I still watch it when it’s on. I watched it last week on Showtime, now I can watch it on Prime too.