Respected Contributor

Moon Over Miami on TCM June 21

[ Edited ]

Moon Over Miami airing June 21 at 8pm et

Amazon.com: Moon Over Miami: Don Ameche, Betty Grable, Robert Cummings,  Carole Landis, Jack Haley, Charlotte Greenwood, Cobina Wright, Lynne  Roberts, Robert Conway, George Lessey, Jack Cole & Co., Robert Greig,  Walter Lang,

~ Storyline ~

Kay and Barbara Latimer (Betty Grable and Carole Landis) work with their Aunt Susan (Charlotte Greenwood) at a burger joint in Texas. They think they are going to come into a windfall of money, but only ends up being $4,000. Kay comes up with a scheme where they will go to Miami on the money and get rich husbands. Checking into a posh hotel, Kay poses as an heiress with her sister acting as her secretary and her aunt posing as her maid. Kay meets two millionaires who are smitten with her - Jeff (Robert Cummings) and Phil (Don Ameche). Which will she pick and are they everything that they seem to be?

Vintage Clothing Love: 1940's Fashion on Film - Moon Over Miami

Moon Over Miami (1941) – FilmFanatic.org

Moon Over Miami (1941) | MUBI

Respected Contributor

Re: Moon Over Miami on TCM June 21

This is one of my very favorite movies. I love it so much I bought the DVD several years ago. I'll still watch it everytime it comes on TV.

It's such a cute, fun movie. The one thing that stands out with this film is all the beautiful sets they used and the gorgeous outfits that were worn.

Ah, the glamorous 40's . . . . . .

Love Music Wine and Revolution: Moon Over Miami (1941) | Moon over miami,  Blonde wedding hair, Side bun hairstyles

Moon Over Miami (1941) | The Blonde at the Film

Another favorite outfit Grable wears in "The Kindergarten Conga" (Comet Over Hollywood/Screen Cap by Jessica Pickens)

Betty Grable "Moon Over Miami" (1941), 1940s Fashion | Fashion, Hollywood  fashion, Moon over miami

Lovely peach evening gown worn by Grable. (Comet Over Hollywood/Screen cap by Jessica P)

Super Contributor

Thanks for sharing this.  I have never seen this movie, but will be watching!

Respected Contributor

@Kcubed   I hope you enjoy it!!  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I love the old Betty Grable and Ester Williams films.  Such lighthearted fun!  The costumes, locations, music, singing, dancing, swimming and the gowns!  Predictable story lines but who cares, still fun to watch.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Charlotte Greenwood. She has played such a range of characters. 

Look forward to watching it. Sounds like a fun movie.

Honored Contributor

I saw this once and totally enjoyed it!  How I love frothy and fun movies!

And who doesn't need some "Charlotte Greenwood" every now and again?  She is a delight.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was able to see quite a chunk of it again.  Such a fun movie!

Tonight, I discovered the Condos Brothers, the fabulous tap-dancing team.  There were four brothers altogether, but Nick and Steve Condos were the most prominent.  (I believe they were the two that I noticed in this film.)   They were featured in several Betty Grable movies, I just learned.

Of course I was curious to know if they were of Greek descent, and I discovered they were.  How have I never paid attention to them before?  I don't think anyone has ever drawn my attention to them.  It's been said that Nick had the fastest feet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR1fkG99T44

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lmt 

I had never seen this movie before, the cast intrigued me, and I tuned in, what a delightful, fun, musical....perfect film for summer........... !!!!  I also loved the fashions--today's Hollywood has definitely lost its glamour.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Had never seen this movie, what a splash of summer fun.  Loved the scenery, wardrobe, and hairdos.