Honored Contributor

Re: Monk and Hallmark Chanel

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

I don't think they negotiated enough episodes and/or seasons for airing.  Perhaps when it's time to renew (hopefully they will)  add more episodes.  

@itiswhatitis    During the eight seasons of Monk there were 125 episodes recorded. They have all been shown on HM&M in order during the week but not when they have the frequent all day marathons. HM&M cannot get any more because no more were made. 

@Tique  Thanks for posting.  I had thought I'd seen that tall the episodes had been shown on HMM, but wasn't certain because I didn't watch them all again.  Maybe @itiswhatitis  should just ask to have this thread deleted - there is so much misinformation in it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

I don't think they negotiated enough episodes and/or seasons for airing.  Perhaps when it's time to renew (hopefully they will)  add more episodes.  

@itiswhatitis    During the eight seasons of Monk there were 125 episodes recorded. They have all been shown on HM&M in order during the week but not when they have the frequent all day marathons. HM&M cannot get any more because no more were made. 

@Tique I'm not sure I remember how they showed all 125 episodes.  

So I don't agree.  Thanks though.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

SHM - big time.  

BTW - the ID Network doesn't have two channels like Hallmark and Hallmark MM.

Big difference.

SMH @Pearlee of course you can shake your head big time  (lol).  That sounds weird.

HOWEVER,  Hallmark just has the two channels.  Discovery has way more than that.  If I'm saying TLC, then that's still a discovery channel.  If I'm saying just plain old Discovery I'm referring to Discovery.  Like I said, when I refer to ID, I'm speaking of Discovery ID.  Just like I did when I chose to use Hallmark as an abbreviation for the channellll.  This shouldn't be a problem for you.  Somehow it is though.  

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis For goodness sakes -- aren't you over this by now?  You were wrong. Period.  Twice on this thread.

And it's not your place and terribly presumptuous of you to tell me what should or shouldn't be a problem to me.  Especially when it's clear on this thread that you have a problem admitting you were wrong.

Now while you are shaking your head some more  (you are reminding me of the girl in The Exorcist)  just move on to something more important in your life.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@itiswhatitis For goodness sakes -- aren't you over this by now?  You were wrong. Period.  Twice on this thread.

And it's not your place and terribly presumptuous of you to tell me what should or shouldn't be a problem to me.  Especially when it's clear on this thread that you have a problem admitting you were wrong.

Now while you are shaking your head some more  (you are reminding me of the girl in The Exorcist)  just move on to something more important in your life.

I have a right to respond to your comments.  That's what I did @Pearlee.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@itiswhatitis    you don't have to agree but if you read the threads that @Pearlee   started, you could figure out how they showed all 125 episodes.

This thread contains the most information, Monk Marathon.

When the channel first started showing Monk which was in March, they showed two episodes a day. Then it went to three shows a day and in May four times a day. See Pearley's post on May 14th and 15th when she discusses the increase in number of daily shows. If you show a different episode of a series that has 125 episodes four times a day, you will be done in 31 days. Since this is weekdays only, that means 20 episodes were shown a week. On May 17th in that same thread, I posted to Pearley that they were showing the final two episodes of the show the next day. They immediately started over and according to another one of Pearley's thread, Monk Show Ending, they showed the ending again the end of June. Hopefully this will help you to figure it all out.

I'm not watching currently so I have no idea how many hours it is on during the week now.

And....you're welcome.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@itiswhatitis    you don't have to agree but if you read the threads that @Pearlee   started, you could figure out how they showed all 125 episodes.

This thread contains the most information, Monk Marathon.

When the channel first started showing Monk which was in March, they showed two episodes a day. Then it went to three shows a day and in May four times a day. See Pearley's post on May 14th and 15th when she discusses the increase in number of daily shows. If you show a different episode of a series that has 125 episodes four times a day, you will be done in 31 days. Since this is weekdays only, that means 20 episodes were shown a week. On May 17th in that same thread, I posted to Pearley that they were showing the final two episodes of the show the next day. They immediately started over and according to amother one of Pearley's thread, Monk Show Ending, they showed the ending again the end of June. Hopefully this will help you to figure it all out.

I'm not watching currently so I have no idea how many hours it is on during the week now.

I will say this much @Tique:  I have been watching the show since it has returned to tv.  I know for a fact that I have not seen all episodes and I watch it everyday.  There were at least two days that went by that I missed the show because of their time change.  I have not seen all 125 episodes yet.  I think that's better understood.  "I" haven't.  That's why I inquired about the seasons.....

Oh well.....If Hallmark does in fact have them all at some point I'll see them all (provided it doesn't get cancelled).

Thanks

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pqfan wrote:

@itiswhatitisI loved Monk.

I didn't realize HallMark had it now.

I hope they keep it. 

PS: I love your signature!Smiley Very Happy

@Pqfan  It's not Hallmark.  It's Hallmark Mystery and Movies - a different one of Hallmark's channels. 

And really you didn't know?  We've had tons of threads about it here in this forum, ever since the channel started running it.

@Pearlee maybe she doesn't get to this side of the boards much.  What's the big deal?  Finally, I call it Hallmark because it's just like I do for ID.  I'm well aware it's Discovery ID, but I say ID for short.  No big deal really.

Not to split hairs but it's 2 different channels.    I have Hallmark, I don't have Hallmark Mystery.

Valued Contributor

They had the two part finally on last weekend then started over with the Sharona episodes (least favorite sidekick) on the Hallmark Mysteries channel.