Honored Contributor

Monk Marathons on WE Network

@Tique and others

So WE TV has been promoting a Monk marathon Saturday (calling it back-to-back Monks) and says it has one every Saturday.  Really?

Since I'm fed up with all the Christmas 24/7 programming on HMM station that usually shows Monks during the day, I plan to tune in WE on Saturday for a dose of Monk.  I"ve missed it on HMM.

Honored Contributor

Re: Monk Marathons on WE Network

@Pearlee   I knew about that because I read it here. Hope you enjoy!

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I usually have Monk on in the background while I'm doing my Saturday chores.   There's usually at least one episode that I love and I have to sit down & watch the whole thing.

One of my favorites is scheduled to be on this Saturday, Mr Monk is at your Service.

So funny, Sean Astin is a guest. 

Monk plays Melville, the butler.    But he does things the Monk way. (Who's Monk?)

Esteemed Contributor

I record all MONKS and watch.  Love the shows.  Wish they would make more. So creative!

Honored Contributor

@Tique Yeah, that's definitely one of the better ones with Natalie (after all the great ones with Sharona).  I love the scene when Monk tells Dr. Kroger that he likes being a butler  and is good at it.   It's so funny how he drives the household staff crazy with his perfectionism.   

That was filmed I think when Traylor Howard was really pregnant, as she pretends to be in the show in this episode.

Trusted Contributor

Yea!  I will just not watch the insipid movies on Hallmark Mysteries and Movies.  This is great news - really good!!

Honored Contributor

I find it hard to believe that the Hallmark stations don't lose a lot of viewership by playing all Christmas movies for two months!  I miss Monk and Murder She Wrote. Certainly it gets viewers out of their habits of watching those stations and I would think it would take quite a while to get their normal viewership back up again!   That and not everyone is this country celebrates Christmas!  (I don't).   Goodness, that's a whole lot of Christmas programming those to Hallmark stations do!

Honored Contributor

I will have to alert hubbo, since he used to like it years ago.  I used to tease him that it's because their personalities are somewhat similar (hubby is naturally very tidy and fond of order), and he didn't dispute me that much....probably recognized aspects of himself....

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I will have to alert hubbo, since he used to like it years ago.  I used to tease him that it's because their personalities are somewhat similar (hubby is naturally very tidy and fond of order), and he didn't dispute me that much....probably recognized aspects of himself....

I'm a bit Monk-ish myself.

And so is my son and HIS son.

We are a blast at family get-togethers.

Honored Contributor

I envy and admire those characteristics, @software.  I wish they were more evenly distributed in my family!