Honored Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

I really miss this show too. It was unique and funny and did not have 3 subplots that you had to remember. It was just enjoyment. No cheap off color jokes like so manyof today's shows

@wakefield64  Good description - I agree!

Reminder -- the show is on at 1:00 ET today!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee

I so enjoyed the marathon this weekend. I've forgotten how good Sharona was. She had sass and although she goes head to head with Monk, you can tell how much she cares for him. She is his champion. I didn't see any episodes with Natalie but she never made quite an impression on me. She was just there. It seems Sharona and Monk were on the main characters and the police didn't get as much air time. 

My favorite 2 were the airplane killer with Garry Marshall (best extension cord salesman there is) and when Monk was in Mexico. Those suitcases with sheets and back up sheets were hysterical. Best line - when Monk used wipes after shaking hands. The official says something like you have the misconception that our country isn't clean. Sharona says, Oh no, he thinks everyone is dirty. Monk doesn drink or eat anything for 36 hours. 

Does anyone know why Sharona was off the show?

Honored Contributor

Re: Monk Marathon!

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey  IMO Natalie couldn't act very well, so was always "blah" with no personality! Just not a good actress.  Sharona had spunk and is a good actress.

What I read at the time was Sharona wanted more money so the show let her go.  I don't know whether that was true or not but I read it from more than one source at the time.

I'm glad you ennjoyed the marathon.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee

the horror on Sharona's face on what she did to earned those beads....

they couldn't drive out of Mexico fast enough

I have the episodes scheduled for DVR - but 2 eipsodes a day is a lot. I may have to reset the DVR. It's gonna eat up all my free space and I can't watch 2 episodes a night. Although I did finish watching the marathon just this morning before work. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Yahooey  IMO Natalie couldn't act very well, so was always "blah" with no personality! Just not a good actress.  Sharona had spunk and is a good actress.

What I read at the time was Sharona wanted more money so the show let her go.  I don't know whether that was true or not but I read it from more than one source at the time.

@Pearlee  -  Completely agree!  Sharona was spunky and could hold her own as an actress on the show.  Natalie's character just wasn't funny.  I also miss the original guitar theme song.

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee  -  Completely agree!  Sharona was spunky and could hold her own as an actress on the show.  Natalie's character just wasn't funny.  I also miss the original guitar theme song.

@IlliniGirl88 And her nasally voice drove me nuts.   They should have paid Sharona what she was asking!  Worth it!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee@Tique

DVR is set to record 2 episodes everyday - such a pleasure when I don't have anything to watch - I can turn to Monk. Since I mentioned I didn't watch the series faithfully, it is such fun to see this show now. The dialogue is witty, every episode is different. 

So many shows now have the same thing happen over and over again. I gave up watching Bull cause I was tired of the same scenario week after week. 

Thank you both for showing me the light. I hope you are enjoying the series as well. 

Honored Contributor

Hi, @Yahooey.   I managed to watch the second one today which I've always liked: Mr. Monk and the Employee of the Month.  As many times as I've seen each episode, I still laugh at the funny lines.  Such as in today's, Stottlemeyer saying "...back here in earth..." and the wallet photo girlfriend.  Funny!  The writing is very good.

Last week I stayed home on purpose to watch one of my favorite episodes: I love both with Monk's brother Ambrose in them (John Turturro) and last week they showed the first of two.  I loved it again and there were some really funny lines in it. Monk's brother who writes user manuals for appliances LOL.  

I think the long absence from seeing them definitely made my heart grow fonder, since I'd forgotten just how funny the show was with all the one-liners.  Stottlemeyer (Ted Levine) was just perfect in his role.  Hard to be believe he's the same actor who played 

the horrid villain in Silence of the Lambs.

Honored Contributor

@YahooeyI am also enjoying seeing the episodes again even those I have seen more than once or twice. Today I saw one of my faves - Sharona's writing teacher uses Sharona's story as the guideline for murdering her husband. How funny was the scene when Benji and Monk had finished placing all the dominoes on the table and instead of moving the one and letting them all fall, Monk wanted to put them up two by two. Unique show. Continue to enjoy!

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@YahooeyI am also enjoying seeing the episodes again even those I have seen more than once or twice. Today I saw one of my faves - Sharona's writing teacher uses Sharona's story as the guideline for murdering her husband. How funny was the scene when Benji and Monk had finished placing all the dominoes on the table and instead of moving the one and letting them all fall, Monk wanted to put them up two by two. Unique show. Continue to enjoy!

@Tique  That episode has always kinda given me the creeps, esp. the first time I saw it.  I purposely didn't watch that one again today.