Honored Contributor

I don't get the channel!

Maybe if it's successful, the episodes may be shown on the other Hallmark channel, the one I do receive.

@Pearlee wrote:

@software  Loved that episode!  Good one!  Monk was very funny running the home, and the ending was clever.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee   so many faves. I will mention a few with enough info so that you will recognize the show but it won't give away any of the good stuff for those who haven't seen all the episodes yet. Aren't they lucky?

Monk and the little boy with whom Monk bonds and loves enough to let him go.

Monk and the lady who looks like Trudy who Natalie sees and thinks is Trudy.

Monk and Dale the whale.

Enjoyed all the ones with the Captain's wife. She was such a unique and kooky character. Also liked the ones with Natalie's family - especially her mother. It took me a while to warm up to Natalie because I really liked the Monk/Sharona relationship but eventually I began to like Natalie. I loved Natalie's daughter Julie and the relationship which unfolded between her and Monk.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Re: Monk Marathon!

[ Edited ]

@Tique  Thank you for the memories.

By mentioning the little boy show, you reminded me of the one show I'd choose as my absolute favorite.  Mr. Monk and Little Monk.   It was not only brilliantly done with the flashbacks - brilliant! - but the boy who played Little Monk was terrific.  That was one of the most innovative ideas - those flashbacks with things happening the same way then as now - I've ever seen on TV.

Also, coming in a very, very close second to that show as a fave was the first one with John Turturro as the brother - the Halloween episode.  Turturro was terrific both times as Monk's brother and that first show had so many hilarious lines in it that I was roaring with laughter out loud (again, making my dog wonder what was happening!).  I love when Stottlemeyer comes to the house and has a cup of coffee and al the coffee mugs are numbered.  He hands his back (let's say it's #7) and tells Turturro - "here, that goes between 6 and 8".   LOL!  Both shows with Turturro are favorites but the "novelty" of hin was with the first show.

ETA: The writing for that show - esp. the earlier shows - was so excellent!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Monk Marathon!

[ Edited ]

Fav episode is, Monk & the Miracle. Monk is hired by 3 homeless men to find out who murdered their friend. They pay Monk's retainer fee with a large bag of returnable bottles. Then the laughs begin! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Anyone watching?

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique   Yes, I've been.  There's another one on later today - in addition to the "clock tower" one I wrote about earlier that I'll need to watch, that is a favorite. I think it's at 5:00 pm ET. It's when Monk takes the airplane and drives his real-life wife, the flight attendant, to drink.  (Brooke Adams who was in a few Monks - three I can think of including this one).  Monk is sitting next to an extention cord salesman played by Garry Marshall, who was terrific.  This is another clever Monk.  So many good ones!   I'm so glad the series will be on again!

Esteemed Contributor

I am so glad a network had the good sense to pick up this show.  I LOVE MONK.

I'm watching the episode with Andrew McCarthy in it.  Monk is that dude!!!!

One of my favorites is when he tried to figure out how one guy on a game show kept winning.  He went to visit with Trudy's parents for this one.

Another is when he had the monkey in his apartment (can't remember the entire episode).

The episode when Dr. Kramer gave him some medication and he got better.

I'm so glad @Pearlee told us about Monk on the Hallmark Chanel.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

Anyone watching?

Heck yeah @Tique.  I did forget that it started earlier in the day but I've got it on now for about four hours.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@sommertime wrote:

Fav episode is, Monk & the Miracle. Monk is hired by 3 homeless men to find out who murdered their friend. They pay Monk's retainer fee with a large bag of returnable bottles. Then the laughs begin! Woman LOL

Ooooooh, oooooh I loved that episode too.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

I am so glad a network had the good sense to pick up this show.  I LOVE MONK.

I'm watching the episode with Andrew McCarthy in it.  Monk is that dude!!!!

One of my favorites is when he tried to figure out how one guy on a game show kept winning.  He went to visit with Trudy's parents for this one.

Another is when he had the monkey in his apartment (can't remember the entire episode).

The episode when Dr. Kramer gave him some medication and he got better.

I'm so glad @Pearlee told us about Monk on the Hallmark Chanel.

@itiswhatitis  You are welcome.  It was so good to see the show again.   Although I remembered the plots and whodunnit, I'd forgotten so many of the funny lines in each show.  I laughed out loud again.

Just to clarify, it's not on the Hallmark Channel (where a friend of mine looked all over for Monk) but on the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Channel, a different station altogether.  Those who only get Hallmark will not be able to see Monk.