Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I sorely miss the TV show Monk.  Some of the early shows esp. were so very clever and humorous.   But I liked them all, just some better than others and I always liked Sharona better than Natalie.

So I'm excited that the Hallmark Mysteries and Movies channel will be having  Monk Marathon this coming Saturday 3/11. 

http://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/monk

YAY!!!  THAT IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITE SHOWS.........

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee

If you find out they they are airing the show on a regular basis, would love to DVR and see an episode or 2 every week. I didn't look for it when it was on....now with some of the shows that are airing...much prefer to watch Monk.

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Alter Ego   It's a really good channel.

I haven't read too much about it yet, but I think the Marathon is the beginning of that channel showing the show Monk.   I was dozing off when I thought I heard them say that either early this morning on that station or late last night (can't remember - I was dozing!)

@Pearlee@  you are right. I've been hearing the annoucement all week that Monk will be starting weekdays on Monday, March 12th @ 12P CDT. It looks like there will two shows each day. An excellent addition for this network that repeats its shows too often.

@Yahooey  Hi - @TiqueTique answered above.  Yes, the show will be on regularly and in fact I heard a promo for it this morning.  It's  1:00 ET starting a week from today!  great news!

Honored Contributor

Re: Monk Marathon!

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Alter Ego   It's a really good channel.

I haven't read too much about it yet, but I think the Marathon is the beginning of that channel showing the show Monk.   I was dozing off when I thought I heard them say that either early this morning on that station or late last night (can't remember - I was dozing!)

@Pearlee@  you are right. I've been hearing the annoucement all week that Monk will be starting weekdays on Monday, March 12th @ 12P CDT. It looks like there will two shows each day. An excellent addition for this network that repeats its shows too often.

@Yahooey  Hi - @TiqueTique answered above.  Yes, the show will be on regularly and in fact I heard a promo for it this morning.  It's  1:00 ET starting a week from today!  great news!

yay! Thanks @Pearlee@Tique

41V1EJqlvqL.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey  It's a jungle out there....disorder and confusion everywhere.  Smiley Happy

What are some of your favorite Monk episodes?  Actually, one of my favorites is a later one.  I was awfully upset after Stanley Kamel (Dr. Kroger) died and the show was never the same without him. But I did love the episode where Monk tried out a new psychiatrist who had one arm.  I was laughing so hard at that scene in the one-armed psychiatrist's office that I was crying.   My dog looked at me like, "what's wrong with you?" because I was doubled up laughing when Monk put the coaster over one of his eyes - the one-armed doctor was not "symmetrical."

But for cleverness one of my favorites is about the married college prof (Andrew McCarthy) who killed his lover and put her on the clock in the college's clock tower.   Great episode! Very clever!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee@Yahooey   a bit more info. The marathon and the beginning of the series will both begin with the two part episode, Mr. Monk & The Candidate, which were the premiere shows of "Monk." As yahooey stated, after that the marathon will include a sprinkling from different seasons ~ sort of a "best of"; however, when the series starts on next Monday, episodes will be shown in order.

I will return later with some off my "Monk" favorites.

~~~~~~~ "It's a gift....and a curse".~~~~~~~

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique@Pearlee

As I mentioned much earlier in the thread, I watched it only sporadically. Will now DVR and hopefully will catch them all. I did remember when the psychaiarist died and he was really good. I also preferred his first companion. I didn't mind Natalie but found her too sweet. I liked Sharona who gave it to everyone including Monk. I don't rmember specific eposides but come back and ask me in 6 months. 

Respected Contributor

Monk fans, the Monk books by Lee Goldberg are also very good. In fact, I like the books better than the show because the Monk character seems more fully developed. The books are a lot of fun.

Honored Contributor

I hope I have that channel, I loved MONK.

I have several favorites but one that sticks out was starring Sean Astin.   He was a rich guy who contributed to the death of his father and step mother.   Monk had given up on being a detective and worked in the house as the butler.   His name was Melville.   I'm giggling thinking about it now.   He ran the house the "Monk" way!   Who's Monk?

Thanks for the heads up.

@Pearlee wrote:

I sorely miss the TV show Monk.  Some of the early shows esp. were so very clever and humorous.   But I liked them all, just some better than others and I always liked Sharona better than Natalie.

So I'm excited that the Hallmark Mysteries and Movies channel will be having  Monk Marathon this coming Saturday 3/11. 

http://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/monk

Honored Contributor

@software  Loved that episode!  Good one!  Monk was very funny running the home, and the ending was clever.